Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Single stack or 2011

Honeybooboo

Where do you play now? I moved from Production to Limited. I liked learning how to break down a stage with out really having to worry about multiple reloads. I would think your choice would depend on what you feel is more your game.

Both divisions are fun to shoot.  I started out in USPSA in Limited for a few years.  Then went to Production for a few years.  Now trying SS for a few years.  A little more stage break down strategy involved with SS because of reloads. Every time you're moving your reloading.  I find myself focusing more on getting my hits in SS, especially on steel, vs Limited. So it slows me down slightly as I don't want to end up doing a standing reload because of make up shots.  If you miss in Limited just keep blasting quickly until you get your hit. 

2011's are great guns, but they do not fit my hands and I can not shoot them.

Single Stack is by far my worst division which is why it's my favorite.

(now that they ruined revolver that is)

How come no one has said "Get Both!!!".......................?????

This way he gets 2 new guns, better for our vendors and more division choices for the competitor.  Seems some folks are falling down on the job here.....

5 hours ago, cas said:

2011's are great guns, but they do not fit my hands and I can not shoot them.

I have really small "Trump hands". An STI Edge with SVI signature grip, SVI short flat trigger fits my hands perfectly. I'll agree that the factory grip felt too big.

1 hour ago, tanks said:

I have really small "Trump hands". An STI Edge with SVI signature grip, SVI short flat trigger fits my hands perfectly. I'll agree that the factory grip felt too big.

There's not enough room between the magwell and frame for my liking, my hand feels uncomfortably squashed. (I use long triggers on everything I can) But they just point left or right for me, I never get a true straight grip off a draw. 

dhollis51's comment is quite on point.  I enjoy single stack for the challenge the limited mag capacity places on my ability to plan stages (and doesn't leave much room for mistakes).  Everyone has the same limitations in whichever division you choose, so pick whichever inspires you to practice.

Depends on what you feel needs work.  Single stack will provide a different look at stage planning, reloads, and more focus on accuracy.  Limited will provide shoot on the move, flowing between positions, and speed.  Sights, trigger, and point of aim are the same.  Popularity of the divisions in your local area may play into the equation as well, the more popular division will provide the most personal gain.

Single stack! I carry a 1911, so decided to shoot that more often than not. Good practice, it's fun, and mags are cheaper. SS is for the die hards and old guys, but maybe I want to be a cranky old dude with a 45 on his belt and giant lead SWCs floating down range. Currently i'm 33 but working on it.