Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Mississippi Rookie

Broski

I guess I should have done this post first, but too late to take back my other ones now. The name's Michael or "Broski" per my buddies. I just picked up a gun for the first time back in November when my 61yr old mother decided that since my father passed back in July that she wanted to start packin heat due to her hour plus drive to work every day. She politely informed me and the wife that we were all going to take a concealed carry class together and we needed to get some guns. Needless to say my eyes were the size of dinner plates and it was everything I could do not to start jumping around like and extatic little kid at Christmas. Well, to cut the story short I purchased a Springfield XD Mod 2 9mm with the 3" barrel for my carry gun and off we went to the class. Afterwards, I wanted to find was to improve my skills just in case I ever had to use my weapon and stumbled across a local Steel Challenge match. Signed up and shot it back in Dec. HOOKED is an understatement. Shot another steel challenge in Jan. and found a USPSA about an hour away also. Now I am already spending money that I haven't even made yet. 

I do want to go ahead and say thank you to all the admins and long time shooters on here that are willing to help out a new guy. Having read post after post on here about nearly everything, I think I have learned as much here behind a computer as I have at the actual matches. I look forward to meeting more of you guys as time goes on. If there are any of you all in South Mississippi or Alabama please let me know so we can try to meet up at a match somewhere.

Broski

1 minute ago, Broski said:

TennJeep, I'm in squad 2 for Saturday. Gonna be a long drive from Gulfport though.

I'm in squad 2 as well.  I think I've got about the same drive (time-wise) as you.  It's one of the shorter drives for USPSA from my house.  BPSA is about 1hr 30mins, MPSA is about 1hr 40mins, ECPS is about 2 hours, and BNA is about 2hrs 30mins.  I've been to SMPSA once, but that's almost 3 hours.