Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Mag pouch differences

Broski

Ok guys looking to decide between DAA racers, CR Speed Versa and Ghost 360. I know the ghost can be converted to bullets out and they are the least expensive. Are there any pros or cons I need to be aware of before I make a purchase?

For at least the next few months I will more than likely stick with my XD Mod 2 that I carry. Eventually I will look into something more competition oriented but for now the problems are with the Indian and not the arrow. I shot limited my first match, but not sure if I want to stay there or go production, still have to figure that one out.

I run the DAA Racers in production.  They can be converted to bullets out (a little clumsily)...i don't see the advantage of running bullets out unless your shooting single stack...but forward or out I think it's just personal preference.  The DAA comes with multiple "shims" to accept just about any double stack magazine.  I like the belt mounting system, the thinner "clamp plate" exposes more Velcro and makes for a nice rigid hold around the whole belt (especially if you're running 5 or 6 pouches in production).  And you can adjust the pouch cant if you're into that.       

I just purchased DAA racers and just a little disappointed. If set up normal they are great. No issues.

If you want bullets out, it can be done... But you have to drill a hole for Allen wrench to fit through, you have to grind the head of one of the bolts so it does not interfere with the adjuster wheel, and use an acorn nuts in a a slot it does not fit. 

Also bullets out can not be mounted as low as normal. Bullets out raises the pouch.

I want to check out the Ghosts before I buy more DAA. 

Check a few out in person if you can before you buy.

I've used all three and the Racers are by far the best. They have the most secure attachment to your outer belt making them rock solid with zero movement, Ghosts are a close second and CR Speeds are terribly loose. Racers take up the least amount of space on your outer belt allowing it to attach to you inner belt much better than the other two, CR speeds come in second in this category but are a long way behind and the Ghosts are downright horrible. Racers and Ghosts are equally smooth when removing a mag, CR Speeds are not as smooth. Racers get another win for tension adjustment, CR Speeds are adjustable albeit lackluster and Ghosts only have 2 tension "settings" that are adjusted by changing the leaf springs, aka not on the fly. Racers and Ghosts can be run bullets forward or out, CR Speeds only bullets forward. Best to worst IMO: Racers, Ghosts, CR Speed.