Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

No Alabama 2017

I had this from Kevin at CAGC as to why there would not be a 2017 Alabama State IDPA Championship.

"I have received many emails regarding registration opening for the 2017 Alabama.  After much deliberation we have decided to cancel the 2017 match.  There are several important reasons, but primarily we don't have enough time and experience under the new rulebook to be confident that we could put on the high quality match that all of you expect.   We would rather not host a match than to host a bad match.

Due to weather and scheduling conflicts, our first club match under the new rules will not be until March 18.  In the few club matches I have attended in 2017, there has been a good deal of confusion with the new rules.

Also, ForScore which is our match management and scoring software will not be updated to accommodate the new rules, creating more potential for errors and issues.

I apologize for any inconvenience this cancellation may cause, but we're genuinely convinced this decision is for the best.  We fully intend to host the Alabama next year.

Thank you,

Kevin Collins
Alabama State Championship"