Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Fighting recoil?

LancerKagato

So I recently moved to open from limited and I am doing something I've never done with my limited gun, I'm dipping my second shot low...sadly often into hard cover. I think I am fighting the recoil that is no longer there from the switch to open. Any experience, thoughts or drills to overcome this or am I just picking up new bad habits? BTW I went from a Tac-sport to a Czechmate, so its not learning a new trigger system or anything, thanks! 

9 hours ago, LancerKagato said:

11lb recoil spring 125gr blue bullets at 1435 fps

Don't know much about the platform. But 2011 Open guns are sprung much lighter than 11 pounds. I run 8# variable in mine

Be sure youre not double tapping but are firing controlled doubles..... aka, a good sight picture for each trigger pull.  Dbl taps will get you in trouble... 1 sight picture & pull trigger twice hoping gun is on target for your second shot.  I had to break that habit a few years ago.  

On 2/8/2017 at 8:48 AM, LancerKagato said:

thanks for all the responses! I'll play around with recoil springs and shoot a bunch more. 

Let us know how you make out. I am not having much luck with recoil springs. I purchased two 11 lbs for my Czechmate, and they are heavier than my stock. This was confirmed by the shell ejections (particularly noticeable with minor loads), as well as by feel. The 11 lb is manufactured for the SP-01, not the Czechmate, so that may have a bearing as although they work, they are different guns. I would like to play around with 8-10 lb springs, but they are very hard to get in Canada. 

Edited by abb1