Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Didn't check sight adjustment....

taco101

I recently got a CZ SP-01 and ugraded it quite a bit.  I added Dawson Precision sights.  They only required slight fitting.  I centered the rear sight up....I thought.....and called it good.  First match didn't have any far targets really.  Last Saturdays Match had a BUNCH of targets 20-25 yards away and they were mostly partials.  I hit mostly hard cover and no shoots on those targets.  All to the left.  I sucked it up and figured I was having trigger control issues.....  Then I decided to check the poi.  At 25 yards I was 4 inches left.  Plenty for me to call an A and hit hard cover.  I moved the rear sight just a little and it hits poa/poi.  Cost me quite a few points!  Live and learn.

Had a similar experience when switching platforms. Took a couple of months building the gun before finally shooting a match. Didn't occur to me until the morning of the match that I had never sighted the gun in, I had only chrono'd a few different loads. Made for some pretty pitiful scores while I was zeroing between stages after studying my hits.