Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Rules

Onepocket

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Odd post. Can you explain your reasoning on this one a bit more?

If you want to shoot USPSA, shoot USPSA. If you don't, shoot some form of Outlaw match and name it as such.

So... 100% would be my answer. And yes, that includes rules pertaining to stage design.

Edited by MemphisMechanic

26 minutes ago, titandriver said:

If our match falls on an even numbered day we enforce only the odd numbered rules; if the match falls on an odd numbered day we enforce only the even numbered rules. That way folks know what to expect when they show up for the match.

Left Twix / Right Twix?

40 minutes ago, titandriver said:

If our match falls on an even numbered day we enforce only the odd numbered rules; if the match falls on an odd numbered day we enforce only the even numbered rules. That way folks know what to expect when they show up for the match.

You sound like a guy that thinks its just a local match. 

Want to know the fastest way to kill the quality of a local match? Start subjectively ignoring the rules. That is usually enough to keep the more competitive shooters away. It also gives that particular match / club a bad rep for a long time, thus discouraging new shooters from trying it out. From observation, it usually happens when the match director loses interest, or when he is worried about losing his 'core' group. Usually the 'core' group is only a handful of shooters, the same ones that tend to drive away the new people that show up to try out the match. In the long run the club just slides further down the mediocrity pole.

14 minutes ago, Onepocket said:

You sound like a guy that thinks its just a local match. 

Dunno for sure - we still use whistles and a stop watch, stop plates, paper & pencil to score, and, when necessary we break out the ballistic pendulum to discern major from minor. Ain't that the way most folks do it at their matches? Oh sure, they prolly use all that fancy-schmancy electronic gizmos at the Nationals, but hell, that's only once a year right?

10 minutes ago, titandriver said:

Dunno for sure - we still use whistles and a stop watch, stop plates, paper & pencil to score, and, when necessary we break out the ballistic pendulum to discern major from minor. Ain't that the way most folks do it at their matches? Oh sure, they prolly use all that fancy-schmancy electronic gizmos at the Nationals, but hell, that's only once a year right?

You are on the wrong site, doodie is waiting on you.

12 hours ago, titandriver said:

I find that I do a lot better when I track my time by counting Mississippi's in my head and call out my hits as I'm shooting. It makes it easier for the scorekeeper as well. It's just a local match, right? 

99%

Saw a guy get popper screwed at a local.  It was going down easy for everyone before him.  My guess is it got bumped or something.  He got there and it failed to go down with 3 close to center hits.  He got it to go down by shooting it and while it rocked back shooting it again.  I shot it with my 135 PF ammo, hit it dead center of the scoring zone and it took 5 seconds to fall.  We made the assumption that it would not go down with 120 pf and gave him a re-shoot.

I can't remember breaking the rules before but now I can't say 100%.  

2 hours ago, ktm300 said:

99%

Saw a guy get popper screwed at a local.  It was going down easy for everyone before him.  My guess is it got bumped or something.  He got there and it failed to go down with 3 close to center hits.  He got it to go down by shooting it and while it rocked back shooting it again.  I shot it with my 135 PF ammo, hit it dead center of the scoring zone and it took 5 seconds to fall.  We made the assumption that it would not go down with 120 pf and gave him a re-shoot.

I can't remember breaking the rules before but now I can't say 100%.  

In a similar situation, the RO stopped the shooter, told him to unload and show clear and then asked people to re-calibrate as he had seen center hits and stuff did not fall down. The shooter then reshot the stage.

Both of the above examples, while maybe morally correct, are not by the rulebook.

The rule book is established for all shooters to be treated equally. Administering rules by group think is wrong.

Edited by Gary Stevens