Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Colt Quarter Circle 10 build.

4 hours ago, Aircooled6racer said:

Hello: No sling needed and two mag holders will work on a belt. Get some Taylor Freelance base pads for those Colt mags and you are good. I also use 20 round mags for mag changes on classifiers but you can use the big sticks also. Thanks, Eric

Inhave one of the Taccom couplers, is there any reason I could not use/start with that? I've looked at a couple solutions and that was the first I tried. 

On 3/23/2017 at 1:52 PM, bluesman2a said:

Eric,

I just got done putting my QC10 Colt build together last night, I opted for a Gibbz side-charging upper with a KVP 16" barrel and JP bolt/SCS. Thanks for all the great info here! 

Odd question here: on your lower is/was your mag release sticky? In looking at mine there seems to be some binding on the side that has the flat release plate. I tried some polishing and sanding to knock down any rough edges, but it seems to still be an issue. I didn't play with it too long before I had to stop. I haven't shot it yet, but I can see this will drive me nuts. I also polished the mag release bump that rides inside the magwell, it's better now, but still not great. Going to try another mag-catch later, but thought I'd ask..

.  A49C38A2-BC8B-4355-897C-309155F3B26B_zps

5D2D0B27-82AF-40B5-A42D-0B148A18CB6B_zps

What portion of the bolt does the side charger catch on.  When one is used in the 5.56 the cam pin is changed.  Does it catch on the gas key? Is this upper specific to a 9mm pattern carbine?  Thanks

ETA...I just found out my owner answer, my Google-Fu was not strong.

Edited by corny
13 hours ago, corny said:

What portion of the bolt does the side charger catch on.  When one is used in the 5.56 the cam pin is changed.  Does it catch on the gas key? Is this upper specific to a 9mm pattern carbine?  Thanks

ETA...I just found out my owner answer, my Google-Fu was not strong.

I had the same question and even ORDERED their special cam pin in case I needed it later. In answer, yes, the Gibbz IS 9mm specific and yes it does grab it by the nub that is the gas key.

Hello: I thought of a side charger but the more I use my PCC the more I like the Raptor charging handle. In reality I could use just a cheap plain charging handle since the only time I am using it now is to clear the gun up after I am finished a stage. Once you get everything figured out these guns just run. It takes good ammo, well oiled, good magazine setup, and clean it once every 500 rounds or so. Thanks, Eric

On March 26, 2017 at 5:35 PM, bluesman2a said:

I think I'm rapidly coming to the same conclusion. Would you mind sharing what you ultimately wound up with as your final build?

also odd question, on your QC10 lower, does the ejector move around st all?

Hello: Yes the ejector does move around some. It has always ejected the rounds just fine with 3 different bolt setups. I can do a final build sheet in a day or two. Getting ready for tonights match and Sundays match. I need to do some reloading and cleaning. Thanks, Eric