Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

My Powder Coated PCC Load

I'm just starting to shoot these RN 9mm in my PCC.

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/658356/lee-6-cavity-bullet-mold-356-125-2r-9mm-luger-38-super-380-acp-356-diameter-125-grain-2-ogive-radius

I have shoot them in my CZ pistols with great results and they seem to shoot just as well in the PCC.

I have very few rejects with the Lee mold using clip-on wheel weights as my bullet alloy. My bullets weigh 129 grains after powder coating them with Harbor Freight red.  the powder coat cost about $6.00 a pound and that will coat thousands (OK I'm not sure how many, but lots) of bullets.  I shake and bake the powder coating so all I needed for new equipment was a Cool Whip tub and a toaster oven.  There is no residue left in the bore other than the normal carbon.  It's such a pleasure to powder coat and have clean, non sticky bullets than to conventionally size and lubricate regular cast lead bullets. If you have access to free or cheap wheel weights your ammo coast is greatly reduced with shooting cast lead bullets and powder coating them make them every bit as good as Berry's or other plated bullets out there.

That's a great bullet, I've shot thousands of them through my PCC's. I'm currently shooting this one and really like it-

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/784750/lee-6-cavity-bullet-mold-358-150-1r-38-special-357-magnum-38-colt-new-police-38-s-and-w-358-diameter-150-grain-1-ogive-radius

It drops at 152 grains. It's really a .38/.357 bullet, but sizes down to .356 well. I seat it down just past the crimp groove with 2.5 grains of 231 for 866 fps/131 pf out of a 16" barrel. Feels crazy soft out of my gun. Like....LOL soft!

That bullet looks great.  I have a Lee mold for it, too, but not a six cavity.  I once tried some of those 150 grain .38 Lee bullets for my 9mm but didn't like how deeply I had to seat them for them to chamber due to that blunt nose.  Since they do chamber in your 9mm that would make a very soft load making PF.  I'm thinking the slim ogive of that Lee 9mm bullet allows me to seat it out to recommended OAL cor the 9mm cartridge (especially with the .002 or so added to the nose diameter with the powder coating.