Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Pistol brace use?

58 minutes ago, Nimitz said:

I assume you're talking about the MPX?   I'm certainly no PCC div rules expert but I haven't heard of any specific restriction which would keep you from using the brace vice a STD carbine stock on your PCC ...

Other than a pistol isn't a carbine... sure.  A carbine is a rifle.  A pistol is not a rifle.  Someone else already posted the rules: you must use a rifle.

As I said ... I didn't "hear" anything about it in the few discussions I've seen.   I never said I actually read through the rules and didn't see it since I don't shoot PCC in USPSA ...  Details count .... :)

Edited by Nimitz

Wow, thought this was a community.  What's the point of lots of people with varying degrees of knowledge coming together if not to share that information?  Apparently for some it's to be a d-bag.

Edited by Dafeist
To answer my rhetorical questions
58 minutes ago, Dafeist said:

Apparently for some it's to be a d-bag.

You better grow some thicker skin if you want help.

Also, though I doubt you'll get called on it, (it seems newbies can get away with a lot) I got suspended from here for just agreeing with somebody who called another a douche bag. So you probably need to lighten up on the name calling. 

23 minutes ago, Dafeist said:

So no issues with me getting insulted for asking a question, but when I call it out, you've got a problem?  Got it.  

That's how it works here. You just have to sit back and take it generally. 

Just because you're in a community of "gun people" doesn't mean there aren't some jerks around :) .  Best to not take insulting comments seriously.  Look at how Nimitz responded to negative comments about his post with grace and good humor.  Of course, he knows he can shoot circles around those guys and it just doesn't matter.  you did get the answer to your question.  I hope you get a real PCC and shoot in that division.  The more PCCers the better so all MDs see the popularity and allow PCC division at their local matches. 

Dafeist, you seem a little thin skinned.

I hope nobody every razzes you about your performance at a match.

Have you thought about asking your questions on the Doodie project forum?

They are really easy going there and take a liking to newbs such as yourself.

You know, I've been posting this paragraph a lot lately, maybe it's time to set a few examples of what happens when this isn't followed...

Posting Guidelines

Attitude
Please be polite. Or if not polite, at least respectful.
No bickering. Regardless of the subject matter.
Antagonistic, offensive, or quarrelsome tones are not acceptable.
No trolling. No alternate accounts.

3 minutes ago, Chills1994 said:

That is just plain mean and cold...

1 hour ago, Chills1994 said:

Funniest thing I have read lately! Thanks Chills

5 hours ago, Dafeist said:

Wow, thought this was a community.  What's the point of lots of people with varying degrees of knowledge coming together if not to share that information?  Apparently for some it's to be a d-bag.

And you're competing in a sport with published, publicly available rules that are the source of truth vs. the collective opinions and interpretations of Benos, too.

I suppose we could shoot the course for you, too, if you'd prefer someone else do all the work.

Hint: If you go to local matches you'll be expected to contribute to setting up and/or tearing down in most cases.  Be ready to contribute.  It's the spirit of the sport and it starts here with the community and your participation/involvement.

Welcome, ask questions, but come prepared.

Edited by mreed911