Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Guys I need your help with holsters.

450AK

I've been using a Blade Tech for a decade now and like it okay.  I can't argue with it, but if I were to start fresh and had a little extra money to spend, I'd go this route:

http://www.safariland.com/products/holsters-and-gear/holsters/belt-slide-holsters/model-5197-open-top-competition-holster-with-uspsa-kit-model_5197USPSA.html#start=1

When I do the holster selection, it doesn't list the 1911 as an option as a complete kit, but I believe you can get the 5197 as a single item for the 1911, and then order the uspsa kit as a single item, and then combine them.  I'm still considering making the change, but I keep putting it on the back burner as the Blade Tech works just fine and I've got other needs that are more pressing.

1 hour ago, Hi-Power Jack said:

Looks like Red Hill Tactical makes holsters ONLY for EAA pistols?

1911s are under "other" except for the SIG style ones which can be found under "SIG" 

http://redhilltactical.com/products/doublelayerowb

They also have a nice aluminum drop offset hanger but that doesn't work for single stack. 

On ‎2‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 5:43 AM, 450AK said:

Not legal for SS. Gun sits too low according to the SS holster rule. Might be legal for a female but I would have to look closer on that.

Suitable for everyday use. “Race gun” type holster prohibited. •Must carry pistol so that the entire front strap (to the trigger guard) is at or above the top of the belt. Female shooters must carry the pistol no lower than the heel of the butt at the top of the belt •May not be manufactured or cut lower than, and must cover the slide up to, 1/2” below the ejection port (belt slide “Yaqui” type holster exempt).

Edited by photoracer

On 2/3/2017 at 5:43 AM, 450AK said:

No go for SS. But the stingray without the DOH hanger is legal. You can order just straight stingray or buy the one you linked and just remove the hanger.

Well it sounds like the DOH would work great for the plate matches since they have no holster rules and I can take off the hanger to shoot Single Stack. My next question is how is the Tek-Lok hanger? Have any of you used them?

On 2/8/2017 at 5:30 AM, 450AK said:

Well it sounds like the DOH would work great for the plate matches since they have no holster rules and I can take off the hanger to shoot Single Stack. My next question is how is the Tek-Lok hanger? Have any of you used them?

i use their tekloks for the mag pouches, but their ASR for their holsters, a little wider contact point on the belt.

• 2 weeks later...