Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Does yours do this?

MissionaryMike

2 hours ago, IronArcher said:

The movement is so small on mine that it would barely show up in video.

I also figured out what I actually think it is. I too my gun down, seems like it is the trigger bar. If you open the gun up you can see the horns of the bar. It rides under the slide. That's probably what's causing the upwards movement. The plunger spring is pushing up on the trigger bar so as to make the disco work properly. The sear, and sear cage seem to be clear of the slide. 

12 hours ago, ryridesmotox said:

The movement is so small on mine that it would barely show up in video.

I also figured out what I actually think it is. I too my gun down, seems like it is the trigger bar. If you open the gun up you can see the horns of the bar. It rides under the slide. That's probably what's causing the upwards movement. The plunger spring is pushing up on the trigger bar so as to make the disco work properly. The sear, and sear cage seem to be clear of the slide. 

This is what I am thinking as well. It makes me wonder how my trigger pull is affected by having to bear the weight of the slide prior to the DA shot breaking. 

I was thinking after putting it back together and dry firing... You're going to get that friction one way or the other. If you file down the bar where it contacts the slide, it will contact the under side of the sear cage. I use aeroshell on the slide rails and it seems to have cut down on it considerably. I would recommend trying that on the slide rails and the trigger bar. That way one gets about the least amount of friction possible.

Edited by ryridesmotox