Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

The Hello

90lxracer

Hi all! 

The name's Randy and I heard about the site from a buddy. Wanting to get started on the path of enjoying some 3 gun competitions, it's always seemed pretty interesting. I've been eyeballs deep in drag racing for a good number of years.. I guess I'm looking to refocus some competitiveness?? lol 

Anyway.. I look forward to learning a ton from the site. And a bit of a forewarning.. please excuse any off the wall or dumb questions/comments I may have.. lol I will be the first to admit my own ignorance on all things competitive shooting.. lol   I'm not new to guns, or gun safety and what have you.. but to date I've really only been a plinker with some halfway decent tools.. 

Cheers!!

Randy

Thanks guys! 

I haven't tried much, but how well does the search function work with the forums? I would imagine that most if not all of my early questions have been asked multiple times.. lol 

I'm not looking to spam up the forums with redundant questions.. 

Hey there Jack! 

As far as class or anything.. I honestly don't know where I'd fit in.. Whatever the lowest level I would imagine.. whatever that may be. Maybe a better way to put would be, fit in where I align closest to what I already have??  lol 

I have a VP9 that as of yet hasn't have a round through it.. I had in impulse buy of an STI Costa VIP just recently. I don't know if I can use that with anything.. I have a couple USP's I also have a Walther PPX.. 

AR's I have a few and I can change around as needed.. Here's a question that I would imagine doesn't come up a whole lot.. Is it frowned upon to use something that's select fire? 

What I don't have at this point is a shotgun that's really ready for something like 3 gun.. I have an old remington 870 ut the barrel is "short" and has the stock tube on it. 

I totally appreciate the heads up Jack!! Seriously.. I used the power of youtube, and those USPSA matches look like a complete blast!! 

I think they're even held somewhat locally (with an hour's drive or so) 

I'll have to work on the pic thing.. it's not wanting to load at all..