Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Mag pouch of choice for M&P 9 in USPSA Production division

kcobean

Just wondering what mag pouches y'all are using.  I am waitlisted for BITB and hoping I'll get in so I'm gonna go ahead and buy the gear now (I'm normally a limited guy, so I don't have a production setup).

Thanks.

Memphis Mechanic is giving you good info. Those magazines pouches work really well for a lot of different types of magazines. Easy to sell when you decide what you might want to go to next.

Edited by JMike

8 hours ago, 3djedi said:

What is BITB?

Are you getting the m2.0? I picked one up the other day. Love the stippling on it. Seems like a nice gun.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

BITB Battle in the bluegrass.

21 hours ago, MemphisMechanic said:

Ghost pouches. Fit all the USPSA division guns except single-stacks without any changes, and even fit 2011 mags. Cheap. Bullets forward or bullets out? Can be set up as both.

Thank you.

21 hours ago, 3djedi said:

What is BITB?

Are you getting the m2.0? I picked one up the other day. Love the stippling on it. Seems like a nice gun.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

I daily carry a regular M&P, so I'm just gonna shoot that.  I may upgrade to a 2.0 at some point, but it won't be before BITB (and likely won't be on the Production list in time anyway).

Hard to go wrong with Ghost pouches.  They're tough and versatile.  Probably about the best option for the price.  The only problem I've experienced is the plastic tensioning insert on the inside of the pouch coming loose.  If it happens though you just pop it back in.

I like the way Black Scorpion pouches look.  They are more complex and cost more than Ghost and you can only set them up bullets forward.  But might be worth taking a look at if you want something a little above run of the mill Ghost pouches and don't want a bullets out orientation.  Looks like they fit most double stack mags, but M&P mags aren't specifically listed as fitting.

I'm a big fan of Ready Tactical too. They are one piece of kydex shaped to give retention and a belt clip/paddle with no seams, screws or joints of any kind. Very creative. But they carry close to the body. I shoot mostly 3 gun and I keep two on my belt for the whole day since they take up so little belt space. Then I add in two blade techs in the front of my belt for stages with more pistol. Would work equally well in uspsa. 

When I first got into USPSA I went with CR Speed, I still use them today. But if I had it to do over again Ghost all the way. They will hold most any mag without all the spacers the CR Speed need. Don't get me wrong CR Speed work great. I use Ghost on my limited set up. 

• 1 month later...

I didn't want to break the bank setting up "yet another" belt ... so I picked up 4 Bladetech Revoluton (m&p) pouches ... cuz ... they were cheap!!

Have been using them a while now and have no complaints ... Paid $19 ea when I got 'em from Stoeger but many places have them. 

btrevolution.jpg.c493fe5bea9aedc083f2c059ea4d25f9.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Bladetech Revolutions as stated above will get you started. But for $5 more per pouch you can pick up the ghost pouches and be more versatile in the future if you ever upgrade or swap to a different gun.

23 minutes ago, sam_b said:

Bladetech Revolutions as stated above will get you started. But for $5 more per pouch you can pick up the ghost pouches and be more versatile in the future if you ever upgrade or swap to a different gun.

If you don't mind red or blue ... I just saw some (Ghost pouches) over at Shooter's Connection for $14.95 ... (wow ...)

https://www.shootersconnectionstore.com/Ghost-360-Pouch-Hybrid-P4557.aspx :o

On 3/31/2017 at 7:51 PM, daytona955i said:

I like Blade-Tech Revolutions, I get the Glock ones and tighten them up a bit, they fit lots of double stacks, but the 226/m9 ones fit M&P mags perfectly.

I picked up two of these and wish I had not.  My M&P mags are a PIA to quickly extract out of the pouch.  I have the tension screws as loose as they will go, but still the mags take some effort to pull out of the pouch.  Not sure if they will loosen up over time or not.  Looking at the Ghost 360 mags now... unless someone has tips on to get these mags to work more smoothly.

edit:

Sprayed some silicone into the mag pouch and problem is gone.. mags go go in and out pretty easily now....

Edited by Chris777

2 hours ago, Chris777 said:

I picked up two of these and wish I had not.  My M&P mags are a PIA to quickly extract out of the pouch.  I have the tension screws as loose as they will go, but still the mags take some effort to pull out of the pouch.  Not sure if they will loosen up over time or not.  Looking at the Ghost 360 mags now... unless someone has tips on to get these mags to work more smoothly.

You have to play with the tension between both screws. I usually tighten them up until they don't let the mag come out freely and then loosen the top screw a bit until they slide nicely.