Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shock Bottle or EGW 9mm Case gauge?

rustybayonet

1 hour ago, MemphisMechanic said:

Shockbottle.

Gauging and boxing 400 rounds into the 100rd plastic cases in under ten minutes with ease? Done and done. 

Yeah, it's just too fast and too easy with the 100 rounder. I can't imagine doing it any other way now. :)

I really like the egw gauges as they match the chambers in my kkm and other barrels well (just a tiny bit tighter than the barrel which is what I want). But I don't think egw make a 100 round gauge? If you want speed the 100 round sb gauge will deliver. 

EGW can make a 100 round gauge (or at least they would last time I asked a couple of years ago). For 9mm you can get a SB in a "match" fitting. Mine is way tighter than my CZ barrels. The .40 SB is tighter too. A local smith down here makes .357 Sig gauges in the SB style. Again, mine is tighter than either of my Sig barrels.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

i have both and I only use the shockbottle. one thing to be wary of is the egw gauges don't really work with coated lead rounds because they are gauging the bullet as well as the case. I only care about the case, so I got the shockbottle and use it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 5/30/2017 at 11:57 PM, 2tuf4u said:

I wish they made the flip tray for 45 acp---one can hope.

Take the bottom from a plastic 100 round box. Works perfect.  I use this for 9mm and 45ACP.

• 1 year later...