Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

PAL Filler

GregJ

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, echotango said:

Thanks. Just ordered it, I think. Got an email but it is all in Italian. I'll wait for another email. 

I'm friends with Umberto. If you get nervous let me know and I'll reach out to him.

The Palfiller you can buy it directly from me via email, Paypal Payment
I ship with Fedex delivery time about two days.
195 euros shipped
I can send with Italian Post delivery time approximately 15 days
180 euros shipped
I am at the disposal for any questions

• 10 months later...

Went the PAL website.  Looks like they are no longer manufacturing the PAL filler.... Guess I waited too long

http://www.pal-filler.com/Pal_Filler/Home.html

SOLD OUT

WE INFORM YOU THAT PAL-FILLER WILL NO LONGER BE PRODUCED

CUSTOMER SUPPORT REMAINS ACTIVE AT  info@pal-filler.com

THANK YOU ALL

9 hours ago, Chris777 said:

Went the PAL website.  Looks like they are no longer manufacturing the PAL filler.... Guess I waited too long

http://www.pal-filler.com/Pal_Filler/Home.html

SOLD OUT

WE INFORM YOU THAT PAL-FILLER WILL NO LONGER BE PRODUCED

CUSTOMER SUPPORT REMAINS ACTIVE AT  info@pal-filler.com

THANK YOU ALL

Yep, he posted this on his Facebook page around Christmas time.  Was going to try to get one around that time and was bummed when I saw this.  Oh well, guess I'll have to make do with my Frankford Arsenal filler.....

1 hour ago, MikeyScuba said:

Hmm I didn't find the PAL filler to work great with the Fiocchi non-tox primers.  I was getting 2-3% upside down.  Now I have to decide to sell it or not.  I must have gotten one of the last ones made.

Please show a video of getting upside down primers out of a pal filler. That, I have to see.

11 minutes ago, Sarge said:

Please show a video of getting upside down primers out of a pal filler. That, I have to see.

Kind of what I'm thinking. The primers would have to be of an odd size or potentially an out of spec tray/drop hole in the tool.

The only upside down primers I get are from my magic 1050. :ph34r:

Edited by DWFAN

Sorry to see these are no longer available.  I had an RF100 and tried everything to get it to work.  But never got better than 5-10% upside down primers.  Got the PAL filler and it works flawlessly.  Hopefully Umberto will start making them again or someone else picks this up.

I'd like to see that too...

I will admit it is possible, but when I have done something wrong and in each case I've caught it as it happened.

A) I have seen a primer flip when trying to load small primers in a large primer tube because I grabbed the wrong size.

B) I have one RCBS tube that was out of spec and would not fit all the way into the PAL. The resulting gap would allow a primer to flip. Fixed that one on the lathe ;-)

and

C) I have two PALs one for large and one for small primers. Because the tops are reversible and my bench is elbow height, I have grabbed what I thought was the small primer PAL and gotten as far as dumping a tray in the large primer PAL before realizing my mistake. I assume a primer could have flipped if I had continued as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/22/2018 at 9:32 AM, MikeyScuba said:

Hmm I didn't find the PAL filler to work great with the Fiocchi non-tox primers.  I was getting 2-3% upside down.  Now I have to decide to sell it or not.  I must have gotten one of the last ones made.

If you do decide to sell, I'd be interested. 

• 2 years later...

Hmm, I gotta try and get me one of these.  It looks like it may be an upgraded, works all the time version of the VP.  That's just what I want, no headaches, it doesn't seem that they have to be tweaked to get them working.

On 3/19/2018 at 10:26 AM, MikeyScuba said:

I'm leaning towards a bad tube(s) as I've got issues occasionally  when loading by hand.  I have to make an effort to go through the 8 tubes.

Yeah, I was thinking there is only one way to put an upside down primer in a pal filler tube. It's called operator error. :) They are either right side up or not when you squeeze the trigger.

6 hours ago, Cuz said:

Hmm, I gotta try and get me one of these.  It looks like it may be an upgraded, works all the time version of the VP.  That's just what I want, no headaches, it doesn't seem that they have to be tweaked to get them working.

It's like holding a 1911 in your hand compared to a cap gun. The only tweaking that's ever been needed on the PALS is in rare instances there is flashing or debris left over from milling the drop hole in the plastic. Some 2000 grit paper on a qtip fixed it. But like I said it is rare.

12 hours ago, Sarge said:

Yeah, I was thinking there is only one way to put an upside down primer in a pal filler tube. It's called operator error. :) They are either right side up or not when you squeeze the trigger.

You were right, sorta.  The tube's weren't going in all the way leaving a gap where the occasional primer would tumble.  I polished my tubes so they would fit, that was 2 years ago!

Strangely I tried to load regular Fiocchi primers on it recently and had to drag out the old dillon metal primer tray and load the old and slow way.  They just wouldn't load....  I mostly use Federal primers for revo but needed to load for my auto's.  Go figure.  I never had an issue with the non-toxic Fiocchi primers