Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

PAL Filler

GregJ

Just got mine, and all I can say is why the hell did I not get this sooner?!?!?  It works like a dream. I hate to poke primers and my VP worked with CCI SP but it does not like WSP at all. The PAL did fine with the WSP. I chucked the tubes in my drill and took 400 wet/dry to the end so it would slide into the PAL better. 

If you have ever thought about getting one, do it. Buy once cry once.  I didnt want to take a chance on the Hornady monstrosity, or getting another VP that doesnt work. YMMV

Edited by GregJ

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been telling people for a couple years. But all I hear, I will do it by hand, I bought the same thing for 30.00 and it works sometimes or I will just get an RF100. I love my Pal Filler and have loaded over 100k in primers without any problems.

1 hour ago, MemphisMechanic said:

So... it's a vibra-prime.

Thats costs far more. But actually works?

(Like others, CCI run flawlessly through my Vibraprime but Fed & Win don't play nicely at all!)

Works like a dream

53 minutes ago, shoots100 said:

If it was priced better, they wouldn't be able to keep up with the demand.

It's still a hand held unit and for the price, you can get the Dillon and just dump primers in and load while it's filling the tube.

And worry about the occasional upside down primer...

Basically there are two schools of thought when it comes to primer filling. Some prefer to use the Dillon and fill tubes as you load. Stopping every hundred and refilling the Dillon, and of course checking your ammo for upside down primers. Even if you have one dialed in you still don't KNOW all the primers are right side up because you don't watch it work.

With the PAL filler method you load up the 10-20 tubes in advance of loading. You see every primer get fed right side up and the ammo reloading process keeps rolling with only a brief pause to drop another tube in the press.

Both work but are entirely different methods

58 minutes ago, shoots100 said:

If it was priced better, they wouldn't be able to keep up with the demand.

It's still a hand held unit and for the price, you can get the Dillon and just dump primers in and load while it's filling the tube.

True, sorta. With this there is no messing with it to get it to run right. Never saw a post about an RF100 that ran 100% right out of the box. With this, you can see every primer go in right.  In a couple of min I can load up 6 tubes, and know none will be flipped. 

It is expensive, but it is solid and well built.

1 hour ago, Nathanb said:

Link for the poking hater? I'm tempted to spring for the Dillon one at this point

http://www.markvii-loading.com/PAL-Primer-Filler_p_49.html

11 hours ago, Shadyscott999 said:

My RF100 was 100% out of the box and still is couple hundred thousand primers later.   

That is awesome.  I was afraid of getting one because of all the issues I was reading about.  Hope it continues to work 100% for you. :cheers:

I have two Vibra Primes, they work very well with CCI, Federal, Remington and S&B.  Winchester worked but were a tiny bit fussier (but don't use Winchester anymore so it doesn't really matter to me).  I never get flipped primers.

My Vibra Prime has worked very well on Small Pistol Primers from CCI, Fed, Rem and it has to be finessed and coaxed to run Win primers.  The reason for the problem with Win is that upon closer inspection, they are not perfectly round and therefore hang up at the feeding point.

There was a thread on this forum a couple of years ago (during the primer shortage era) (which is when I purchased mine) regarding problems with Win primers.

Occasionally, i get an inverted primer which is caught during case gauge inspection.

I found and bought a used PAL and will do a comparison to my modified VP unit when it arrives.

Being I scored a crap load of Win SP primers, the VP has been giving me a headache.

I've had hardly any issues with other manufacturers primers, but with Win SP's, I get at least 4 out of 100 rounds with flipped primers and the added time to flip the primer in the primer holder that I knew were flipped, because it didn't feed from the tube.

That really messes up my loading FU, especially now that I have a bullet + case feeder on my 550.

Received my PAL and got to work with it.

Tried every type of SP primer I had on hand(Fed, cci, wolf, tula, rem, fio, Nat Mil and win) and I had no issues with any of them.

I emptied and refilled all of the tubes I had filled with win primers using the VP yesterday too. Night and Day !

While I wouldn't have bought one if I didn't get a good deal on it, It's really head and shoulders above any of the primer tube fillers I've tried to date and worth every penny I paid for it.

Now that my 550 press is dialed in with the bullet and case feeder, the one weak link I had to conquer is conquered. 

I agree with everyone here about just how good this thing works.  I honestly haven't had one issue yet.  Is it expensive? yes! but IMO it is worth every penny.  My RF100 will still get to do CCI 500's during long runs, but if I'm doing 400-500 reloading sessions the PAL Filler is super reliable and headache free.  I've got the VP too, and the only major issues have been with Winchester primers.  Though every now and then you do have stop it for a jam.  The PAL Filler just works so consistently there is no comparison.  Especially with the Winchester primers, it's a tad slower with them but no flipped ones at all.

edit: one thing to note, Mark 7 isn't carrying them right now, they are not on their website.  Umberto says you have to go through them now.  See FB

Edited by alexcue
PS

• 2 weeks later...

I have two RF 100's that have sat on the bench collecting dust since the day I purchased my first PAL. While they can be flipped, I purchased a second so have both small and large primers ready to go.

M

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Got mine today and tried WSP to start. A few of my Dillon tubes did not enter the Delrin holder easily and I had a few " stalls" of the tube filling. A few turns in a drill and they entered perfectly and this seemed to solve the problem.

Its nicely made but I cant help feel it is just a very nicely made Vibraprime. There must be a company that can manufacture a similar product as a price between the Vibraprime and the PAL!

still trying to decide between the pal and the rf100. 

ET, if you are looking for recommendations I would go with the PAL.

If you are dead set on the RF-100, I'll be happy to give you a two for one (large and small primer) deal.

Just shoot me a PM.

M

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

http://www.armeriapatria.it/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=21&products_id=162

Thats where I bought mine. 170 Euros plus postage. Speedily posted out,well packaged.

Add it to the cart , go through the process and they will email you with a price for shipping.

For those outside of Europe , Transferwise makes it very easy to make a payment to his bank in Italy. Took me less than 5 minutes.