Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Random Facebook message

Sarge

We all get random postings and messages on various social media from time to time. I got one today and almost deleted it out of habit but decided to check it out. I am glad I did. 

"Good morning Drill Sergeant Sanders. I don't expect to be remembered. But I am one of the recruits from Nov 89 - Feb 90 Alpha 6/16 Ft. Knox. That you helped turn into a Scout. And a man. I've recently connected with DS XXXX and XXXX. And I just wanted to say thank you As well for your part in making me who I am today."

Makes me so proud to have served and played a small part in the US Army!

That is so awesome. Changing and improving the lives of others is incredibly satisfying on so many levels. I see that in my work when a client--after a year of struggle and self-improvement--takes the time to thank us for OUR help with their lives. Thank you, Sarge, for YOUR contribution to the lives of others.

• 2 months later...

Thank you for your service! I wish I could get in contact with both my drills, as I feel the exact same way. Rough childhood and honestly if it wasn't for them I would almost def be a worse situation.