Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Spinta "Blem" 9 mm Bolt

I just received the "Blem" 9 mm bolt that I ordered from Spinta. It looks great, I can't find what the blem is, but there are no tool marks and the nitride finish looks good. For $109 delivered, these are a steal considering it's $40 for just a spare firing pin and extractor. Might as well have a spare bolt assembly! They're ramped and cut for Glock or Colt mags.

http://www.spintaprecision.com/blem-9mm-nitride-bolt-carrier-group/

I ordered mine Tuesday, got it yesterday and shot it today. It worked great until the bolt catch broke. Luckily I read about all the people having problems with breaking them, so I ordered one in advance and will be replacing it tonight.

Mine is a blem too, but it doesn't affect performance at all. The machine marks are all on top and extend from under the gas key going forward, but it isn't worth spending $20+ for a perfect one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stick $1.75 in quarters in your buffer tube and that may solve the problem. So far it works in mine.

I have the JP silent captured spring in it plus $1.25 to get it just past the bolt catch and it still broke. Hopefully the heavy duty one I bought will solve it.

2 hours ago, dgreen said:

The Kaw Valley buffer is 7.5 oz and is extended length so you don't need any quarters. It cut the dot bounce in half at the very least.

What buffer spring are you using? I have the same buffer and also the KVP Extra Power 17-4 SS PCC Spring but haven't had a chance to test fire.

Here's another satisfied customer of the Spinta Blem 9mm bolt assembly. Had a CS/QC problem with my initial order, but they made it right as soon as I let them know.

I removed the extra bolt mass and used a JP 9mm SCS as well. Used the delrin plug that comes with the SCS to fill the void in the buffer tube. Non-LRBHO lowers here.

Edited by wgj3
Here's another satisfied customer of the Spinta Blem 9mm bolt assembly. Had a CS/QC problem with my initial order, but they made it right as soon as I let them know.

I removed the extra bolt mass and used a JP 9mm SCS as well. Used the delrin plug that comes with the SCS to fill the void in the buffer tube. Non-LRBHO lowers here.

Maybe that's my problem that caused the broken bolt catch; I'm using a LRBHO NFA upper.

2 hours ago, 1911luvr said:

Ran my Spinta bolt today in competition and in every stage it failed to extract the last round when I went to show empty. Not sure why because it worked fine yesterday through 4 magazines

Check to see if the extractor claw is broken.  Since it's a blowback it'll still work without an extractor, but you won't be able to manually extract rounds from the chamber after each stage.  This happened to a friend's extractor; that one was from PSA though and I've heard about a few other PSA extractors breaking too.

My Blem Spinta ran like a champ for 3 matches until the gas key cap screws sheered off.  According to Spinta they had a batch of 9mm bolts that left and were not torqued properly.  I emailed them at 11:30 pm est. and they replied in about 20 minutes.  10 minutes later I had a priority mail label emailed to me.  Their customer service is top notch.  The bolt was very nice except for the cap screws breaking.  The only "blem" I could locate were some machining marks on a non critical area.  They are definitely on my preferred retailer list.

• 2 weeks later...
Check to see if the extractor claw is broken.  Since it's a blowback it'll still work without an extractor, but you won't be able to manually extract rounds from the chamber after each stage.  This happened to a friend's extractor; that one was from PSA though and I've heard about a few other PSA extractors breaking too.

The extractor looked ok, so I emailed Spinta about it. They said to bend the extractor. It was harder than I thought to do it, but I did that and sharpened the hook a bit like on a 10/22 extractor. Seems to be better, but haven't run enough rounds though it to be sure.

On February 19, 2017 at 0:45 AM, six-gun shooter said:

Could someone who has one of these tell me what size is the hole in the back after the extra mass is removed? I'm running a Law Tactical folder that uses a bolt extension that has to fit a standard bolt carrier. 

I measured 0.6255 on mine.