Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

SP01 with optic and 140mm mag extensions makes 45 oz?

spencerattix

I'm like a lot of folks and I got all pumped when I heard about the 10 round rule being dumped from the CO rules. So, now I'm wondering if my setup is going to make weight. SP01 + Springer dovetail mount + FF3 + 17 round MecGar mag + Springer 140mm extension. A bunch of this stuff is in the mail or I would put it on a scale. Makes me wonder if the 75 is the way to go now.....

SP-01 is 41oz with magazine.

Red Dot Adapter Mount - ~0.5oz

Fast Fire 3 - ~1.0oz

140mm Extension - ~1.25oz (from what I found on the interwebs)

Total Estimated weight - ~43.75oz.  I'd feel comfortable and not worried.

33 minutes ago, SCTaylor said:

SP-01 is 41oz with magazine.

Red Dot Adapter Mount - ~0.5oz

Fast Fire 3 - ~1.0oz

140mm Extension - ~1.25oz (from what I found on the interwebs)

Total Estimated weight - ~43.75oz.  I'd feel comfortable and not worried.

And a magazine tube is 2.9 oz for 16 rds (sans base pad) and a 18 rd mag tube is 2.7 oz.  That brings it over...

very much under 45 oz. that's my CO gun i shot last nats and more recently fl state. on top of it is a TS magazine with a czc extension that is one of my 140mm Limited magazines, to stand in for a sp01 mag and extension. a 75 series mag and base pad will not be heavier. 43.2 oz!

20170130_175643_resized.jpg

Edited by rowdyb

in my 17rnd mecgar mags with a SP base pad I get a total of 21, so plus 4.

i've now tried the TTI base pads on the same mags and they are plus 4 as well.

I have NOT tried any of the extensions to make a stock 18rnd sp01 mag into 140mm.

Rowdy - which base pad design do you prefer between the SP and the TTI?  CZC is out of stock.  Thinking about snagging a couple of these to eventually build up to a CO rig and screw around in Limited Minor.  

On 2/9/2017 at 1:15 PM, rowdyb said:

in my 17rnd mecgar mags with a SP base pad I get a total of 21, so plus 4.

i've now tried the TTI base pads on the same mags and they are plus 4 as well.

I have NOT tried any of the extensions to make a stock 18rnd sp01 mag into 140mm.

What springs are you using? With the stock Mec Gar springs I get 21 but the +10% springs the came with the basepads are giving me fits, 19, 20 if I'm lucky. The coils don't seem to fit the followers.....

1 hour ago, selecw said:

With the 17 round Mecgar mag, stock follower and CZC base pad I get 22. I shot my first CO match using this set up today and it worked well.

Are those the 17 round AFC magazines?  If so, you're over length.  The tubes are ever so slightly longer than on the 16 round magazines that were designed for use with CZCustom extensions.

MecGar 17 round - but they come in  at 141mm with the CZC extension. I just triple checked with the micrometer.

14 hours ago, JamesLovesJammie said:

Are those the 17 round AFC magazines?  If so, you're over length.  The tubes are ever so slightly longer than on the 16 round magazines that were designed for use with CZCustom extensions.

Edited by selecw

I ordered a gauge to be safe. I did a couple of practise sessions and shot a low profile match to ensure the set up worked. No problem - other than more dryfire needed to get used to the longer mag. I'm using the original CZ follower and spring, altho I have some CZ followers and +10 springs in reserve.