Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

XDM 5.25 Optic Fitting

A-93239

Just now, ExStreetWalker said:

I've got a FAT wrench so torquing the screw won't be a problem.  I'll definitely use the Loctite.  

Thanks for the tip on the optic mounting screws.

I've been following the bouncing dot on my Canik SFX for  around 18 months.  The dot makes me and my old eyes a better shooter.

I hear ya about the eyesight. For me the reticle is just easier for me to stay locked onto with my eyesight, and improve my shot-calling accuracy. My hope is to eventually see improvement when I go back to my Colt 1911 in 45ACP. 

• 3 months later...
On 1/20/2020 at 11:22 AM, ExStreetWalker said:

I didn't know this plate existed!  I've got a XDM45 Competition that I really want a RDS on.  I have a spare Vortex laying around.  

Sounds like this forum cost me money....again!

Min thinking the same thing....time to make a purchase. 

• 3 weeks later...

I bought the plate and mounted my spare Venom.

It's been awesome to have a RDS on this pistol.  I'm shooting one ragged hole at 25 yards if I take my time.  If I speed up I can keep them all in the 0 zone on a IPDA target head.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 5/29/2020 at 11:12 PM, Chris2010 said:

What can I do I have the 5.25 and Nikon spur but can not find a mounting plate. Please help

Put the Nikon on something with a Pic rail and buy a red dot that will fit one of the mounting plates.

• 4 weeks later...

If anyone is having any problems with their mtg plate coming loose let me know. I had the single screw snap on two separate occasions. The lower half was loctited in the slide and something I could not get out. Sent it back to have the screw removed without damaging the slide, twice. Found a local Gunsmith that did excellent work mounting the plate with 4 screws into the slide. He left it so that if I wanted, I could remove the screws and install my rear sight for Production.

• 2 years later...

Going off memory, they pretty much never made one for the dpp. They made one for the original delta point, but the pro apparently weighs more and the single screw isn't really strong enough.

I could have some of that wrong, as it's been a while.

• 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...

My son was needing a Trijicon RMR for one of his Glocks and I was wanting to quit fiddling with batteries, so I mounted a Trijicon Dual Illuminated RMR on my XDm 5.25.  I messed up the mounting screws for the RMR on the baseplate.  I forgot that the Springer Precision screws are different from those supplied with the RMR.  Kind of a happy accident, the new plate uses a roll pin for more support which I like.  I never had problems with the original though... (+3500 rounds)

IMG_5595.JPG

Edited by pbcaster45
more info