Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

WST minor 9 coated bullet loads

mwx40x40

I load 125Gr. BLue bullets with WST to shoot knock down steel matches. Works good for me. I like this powder better than Titegroup, doesnt get your gun piping hot like TG does and is cleaner. Fills the case more and almost impossible not to spot a double charge. 4.2 Grains puts me in the 120-128 PF range. Id have to chrono again to confirm what exactly though.

I've used 4.2gr of WST with 125 gr lead. This is with a Wesson PM9 and a 11 lb recoil spring. I actually like a load of 4.1 gr, as they seem slightly more accurate, but the cases just about dribble out on my arm at this loading with a 11 lb spring. Both loads work fine with a 10 lb spring.

Was all ready to post my info but realized you asking for WST, not WSL lol...  I had originally bought WSL to try in 10mm but wasn't real happy with it compared to the favs ie Blue Dot, PP, or WST even.  So it got relegated to 9mm range loads.

Well anyway for comparison I find 4.2 WSL over 125 Coated BBI CN's run right at 1000-1015 so PF of 125-126, which is cutting it close.  4.5 over same  gets you in the 1070-180 range so PF of 133-ish which has a bit of breathing room, although you could drop a grain or maybe two and still be pretty sure of topping 125.

Actually this is out of a 4.25" DW, so 4.2 out of a 5" might work out fine.  But again, WSL not WST, and 125 not 115...so probably not much help at all ;).