Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

G17 vs G34 for CO

hlpressley

On 1/31/2017 at 10:09 PM, polymerfeelsweirdman said:

While part of me dislikes the rule change since it screws over mag cap states

How, precisely?  No classifiers I know of have a string larger than 10 rounds and everything else in a "handi-cap" mag state match is equal across all competitors.  So what, specifically, constitutes "screwing over mag cap states?"

16 hours ago, Southpaw said:

Ha yeah that's true.  But you said Production legal; the 34 was literally designed around the Production box.

Yeah I don't really think the 17L will/should ever be production legal. I was just lamenting. 

15 hours ago, Southpaw said:

Get a 24 and shoot Limited; it's more fun than Production anyway. That's what I did :)

I already shoot limited with my 17L. I don't want to add another caliber and I REALLY hate reloading 40. I know it's only one more step but I hate doing it. 

1 hour ago, Swanny10 said:

I already shoot limited with my 17L. I don't want to add another caliber and I REALLY hate reloading 40. I know it's only one more step but I hate doing it. 

Gotcha, fair enough. I hate having to load 9 and 40 too, would rather shoot 9 for everything. By extra step you mean full length resizing? If so, I never do that and have no problems loading 40 with range brass shot thru any gun. I just use a U die.

7 hours ago, Southpaw said:

Gotcha, fair enough. I hate having to load 9 and 40 too, would rather shoot 9 for everything. By extra step you mean full length resizing? If so, I never do that and have no problems loading 40 with range brass shot thru any gun. I just use a U die.

Yes I was referring to resizing (and subsequently retumbling them). My reloading mentor always insisted on it. Then again, he was reselling the ammo so he pretty much had to. Is your experience shared by most others you know?

3 minutes ago, Swanny10 said:

Yes I was referring to resizing (and subsequently retumbling them). My reloading mentor always insisted on it. Then again, he was reselling the ammo so he pretty much had to. Is your experience shared by most others you know?

I think so, but you can check the .40 reloading forum as I never even looked into full length resizing like the push through dies since the U die works so well. I'm using the Lee U die, it's essentially the same as the EGW, but $10 cheaper :). I've loaded quite a few thousand .40 with the U die and I can't recall ever having a round that wouldn't chamber in my Glocks. And I'll reload any range brass I pick up fired through any gun, I don't discriminate :)

• 3 weeks later...
50 minutes ago, fireman1776 said:

What about a 19? Has anyone compared a 19 to a 17 or 34?

OP's question was 17 v 34.  We've talked about the 19 in another thread.  FWIW I switched from 19 to 17 when 140mm mags became allowed.