Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Sig carry optic P320

shooter.860

19 hours ago, shooter.860 said:

Rule changes in CO division and my state's ban on hi cap mags screws me.

removing Romeo sight still won't be legal for production ?

Does Sig sell replacement slides ? 

Standard capacity.  Don't feed the media trolls.  Hi-capacity is meant to scare folks and is "fake language."

Edited by mreed911

Side question, if you are in a capacity limited state, won't all the CO shooters be shooting 10-rd mags, or do you live in CT and shoot elsewhere?  From a classification standpoint, capacity won't really matter much.

Edited by JAFO

I live in CT but we dont have any active USPSA clubs so I shoot outside the state. Yes in capacity limted states we would revert to following the laws. I was going to go shoot the Nats with this gun but that wont happen now with the disadvantage.

Interesting idea on milling a plate. 

• 3 weeks later...
12 hours ago, FortyOverUnder said:

I've shot with him for a few years. I'm not sure which is the robot yet.

He's a natural.

He works very hard. Very athletic but also does a ton of movement drills apparently. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

So in USPSA the P320 RX without the Romeo 1 cant be used in Production is that what Im reading? Interesting as in IPSC it is an approved Production gun without Optic, but you can't put a cover plate on it, it seems. 

Edited by terrydoc

9 hours ago, terrydoc said:

So in USPSA the P320 RX without the Romeo 1 cant be used in Production is that what Im reading? Interesting as in IPSC it is an approved Production gun without Optic, but you can't put a cover plate on it, it seems. 

It's not on the Production gun list, no.

• 1 month later...

@mreed911's point was not just that a cover is necessary, but that the RX model is not on the Production list at all, without regard to whether you have a plate or not.  And a plastic plate?  I know the weight difference is negligible between steel and plastic on a plate that teeny size, but wouldn't a plastic plate be against the rules for changing weight by milling?

The RX is a full size,, Sigs page calls it a 320 full size which is on the list. 
If USPSA didnt see it that way then the gun wouldnt be legal for CO either.

id be shocked if an email to HQ didnt rule that way. 

15 hours ago, Joe4d said:

The RX is a full size,, Sigs page calls it a 320 full size which is on the list. 
If USPSA didnt see it that way then the gun wouldnt be legal for CO either.

id be shocked if an email to HQ didnt rule that way. 

Given the recent change to include Canik's TP9 SFX in the Production gun list I tend to agree with Joe4d now, the 320RX is probably covered under the Full Size designation in the list.