Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Opinions on Adjustable Gas keys

Timido

I just ordered an Aim lightweight Bolt Carrier.  I am looking into adjustable gas for my 16" gunner barrel.   I am considering the Taccom Adjustable gas key.   Trying to find some opinions on them.   Problems or concerns with limiting the gas at the carrier over the barrel.   Thanks 

I have been running the RCA gas keys in 2 of my guns with thousands of rounds with no issues or problems. 1 with the Taccom light buffer, spring, Seekins comp, and Seekins light BCG. My main gun with a JP light BCG, JP Captured spring with a Lantac Dragon comp. Both have 16" barrels with mid length gas systems. I was able to adjust them so they shoot very soft with very little recoil or movement and are reliable under all temperatures. That said because you are adjusting the gas back at the bolt I don't think you get the full gas adjustment benefits compared to an adjustable gas block.

RCA gas keys come with loctite on the adjustment screws  and locking screw, so once you lock them down mine have never moved.

gerritm

Good choice. I would get a block unless the brake was pinned and I had to destroy it to get a new block. Then I would look for gas keys. They also have some gas tubes with blocks and set screws to regulate it there which I found interesting.

IMG_2178.JPG

• 3 weeks later...