Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Which SIRT trainer pistol?

gator098

I am thinking of getting the LASR app and a SIRT  pistol for dry fire practice but I don't shoot Glock or M&P.  I would rather have the resetting trigger feature more than using my pistol with a barrel laser that I have to charge the action every shot.  So my question is of the Glock and M&P, does anyone know which of the two more closely resembles the grip angle and feel of the CZs? 

Thanks for your time

Just buy one.  You want it for training your trigger finger and doing reloads, not for building an index. Turn off the aiming laser and disable the shot-break laser by installing a screw in the exit hole.  Focus on the sights, work on your grip.

The lasers will distract you.  You will end up looking for thr laser instead of focusing on your front sight.  You can ignore the lasers for between 30 seconds and 2 minutes, and then it becomes totally distracting.

If you have a CZ, then why not just dryfire it in double-action?

• 4 weeks later...

An older thread, but there are other options.  

Use ShootOFF, it's free.

Use an IR laser and remove the IR filter from your web cam, or buy an IR camera.  This allows the software to record the hits without the laser dot crutch/distraction.

To my hand neither gun feels anything like a CZ and that is a shame.  A CZ frame would cover a lot of non-glock guns that folks use.

Getting a Lazerlyte or similar cartridge and shooting double action will certainly tune up your trigger work/grip.

I shoot a 2011 and have to cock the hammer.  It would be awesome to have a solution, but it is still useful for me to practice draws, reloads, and the like.

• 1 month later...
On 1/28/2017 at 9:15 PM, gator098 said:

I am thinking of getting the LASR app and a SIRT  pistol for dry fire practice but I don't shoot Glock or M&P.  I would rather have the resetting trigger feature more than using my pistol with a barrel laser that I have to charge the action every shot.  So my question is of the Glock and M&P, does anyone know which of the two more closely resembles the grip angle and feel of the CZs? 

Thanks for your time

No need to use a sirt if you have a CZ.

Use a small o-ring between the hammer and firing pin if you are concerned with wear on parts and after the first DA trigger pull don't fully reset and replicate all follow up SA trigger pulls.