Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Carry Optics - 10 round limit abolished from 2/1/17

BritinUSA

2 hours ago, cas said:

Coming from someone is Austin, the liberal tumor of Texas, this "move" stuff is pretty funny. PatJones hit the nail on the head. They're not coming, they're already there. 

Austin can't pass gun laws.  Texas has preemption.  There's nothing to move "from" in that sense and last year Austin finally passed single-member council districts, a big step FORWARD for local representation.  One or two more election cycles and we'll be able to turn a few things around in Austin, even if only a little bit.

Houston is the city to worry about. Liberal capital of Texas.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't close it yet!!

I am LOVING the new rule!  I found out on Saturday morning at my monthly match, loaded up my 17rounders since I didn't have any extendo mags, and placed 10 spots higher than usual.  Two fewer mag changes on almost every stage can really make a difference!

I just built an open gun, too, to have the chance to shoot full mags and then this.  But that's okay, when I want to shoot major I'll go open and when I want to shoot just my normal 9mm rounds I'll go CO.  I'm really excited by the changes.

I'm sure hoping it gets more people in my parts considering CO.  Only seems like a handful around here have taken the jump.  At least full mags means a little closer to open, but without the specialized ammo, and a whooooole lot cheaper!

• 1 month later...

Hey guys,

Disclaimer: I'm new, only competed twice, both times in Open.

I have an M&P Performance Center CORE.  I'm not in love with the trigger.  I just ordered an Apex trigger kit for it yesterday.  In terms of competing in the Carry Optics division:

• Sounds like I can't swap out the trigger for a common aftermarket solution, but I can swap out sear, springs, pins, etc (all internal) - Do I have that right?
  • I can install basepads like these on my mags, but they have to fit that 140mm requirement (can't go 170mm) - Do I have that right?
  • I can't install a magwell of any kind - Do I have that right?

Thanks,

Jack

You can change internal components just like in Production, so all the internals of the trigger should be ok , just not the trigger itself (don't dispose of that apex trigger, I would not be the least surprised if USPSA threw out the trigger rule in CO)

Any basepad is ok as long as the overall length is 140mm or less, you may want to check with a gauge to be sure.

No magwells.

Edited by BritinUSA

17 minutes ago, evolDiesel said:

I have an M&P Performance Center CORE....   In terms of competing in the Carry Optics division:

Another thing, you also need to change out the ported barrel on the Performance Center COREs for a non-ported one.  Porting and compensators are still a no-go, although the factory slide cuts are fine.

Edited by JimmyBob

2 hours ago, BritinUSA said:

You can change internal components just like in Production, so all the internals of the trigger should be ok , just not the trigger itself (don't dispose of that apex trigger, I would not be the least surprised if USPSA threw out the trigger rule in CO)

Any basepad is ok as long as the overall length is 140mm or less, you may want to check with a gauge to be sure.

No magwells.

Perfect!  That's what I expected, and thank you.  My plan is to just install the Black Flatty Kit for now.  If the trigger ends up being an issue in local matches, I'll just remove the flatty and go with the kit - minus flat trigger.  I tend to agree with you - if they are adjusting the rules this much, why wouldn't they allow Apex triggers in an M&P in the future (it's a very common M&P job)?  It's like allowing burgers with ketchup but no mayo.  Come on....

Edited by evolDiesel

2 hours ago, JimmyBob said:

Another thing, you also need to change out the ported barrel on the Performance Center COREs for a non-ported one.  Porting and compensators are still a no-go, although the factory slide cuts are fine.

Thanks, man!  It will just be easier to clean after matches that way.  Carbon seems to love those ports!

12 hours ago, gee0111 said:

These new rules made me go out and buy a Glock 17 MOS and Deltapoint Pro and some 140mm approved base plates. I'm pretty excited for this division since my Shadow 2 isn't approved for Production yet.

Give it time

Edited by zombywoof
x

2 hours ago, zombywoof said:

Give it time

Time isnt the only thing.  The S2 appears to be way too heavy.  Not sure it would be possible for it to make weight with an optic and empty mag.  

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
2 hours ago, sweetback said:

Heard a rumor this weekend at local match that CO is going to have a 10rd. division to go with full 141mm mag capacity.

Any truth to this?

CO-10 ?  I'd be surprised if that happens.