Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Request for Magpul

Just sent a request for a D60 style drum magazine for a 9mm Glock to Magpul.. I think it would make an awesome option for long field courses in PCC.  For what we are paying to get to 41 with a TF extensions going to 60 for about the same price would be awesome. 

If you want to see a product like this, send something to Magpul.  Maybe if they hear from enough people then they will consider it.

If you don't already own a bunch of Glock mags, it would really be nice to have a 9mm drum option that actually works. I tried the Korean version and it was a joke. In another thread there's a discussion about the new Taccom connector. It combines a pair of Glock mags into one long mag using the original springs. It costs about $30 and there's free shipping on any order over $25. I paired up one of my Glock 33 round mags with a G17 mag I have from my TTI G34. It not only holds 50 rounds I used the TTI extension off the G17 mag on another of my 33 round mags. Now I have 2 higher cap mags. One holds 50 and the other holds 35 rounds and they both make my GMR-13 run like a sewing machine. Oh, and I put those mag bases off the two 33 round mags on my G19 mags to increase my carry mags from 15 to 17 rounds. It was like a win, win, win for my PCC and carry gun.

Edited by 72stick
5 hours ago, SpaceMan said:

Are yall really shooting stages that have a round count anywhere near 60? I thought my 33 rnd with the TF extension was overkill.LOL

I'd prefer the more compact nature of a drum over having a walking stick hanging out of the magwell. Me personally.

• 4 months later...
Are yall really shooting stages that have a round count anywhere near 60? I thought my 33 rnd with the TF extension was overkill.LOL

They had a 50 round stage at the sns400 last weekend.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
No but why not.  Once a year one of the clubs I shoot at has a truck match.  Usually 110-120 rounds in the course of fire while being pulled by a tractor in a trailer.  A D60 would come in handy.  A 32 Rd steel stage would be another great use.

I got one of those splice things from taccom for my mpx. Seems to run fine. I'll be running it at the truck match in November.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
6 hours ago, troupe said:

I picked up one of the TF extensions with the extra spring, it wont run on my Brownells Colt mag.  Don't know the problem.  

Tommy: Does your mag have the Metalfom follower or the ASC plastic follower? If the TF base pad does not go on all the way in can have a shelf that the follower and spring hang up on. Take the spring and follower out and then install the base pad. Look down the mag to see what the transition looks like from the mag to base pad. You may have to chamfer the base pad to smoothen out the transition. I am using Metalform Colt mags and they work very well with the TF base pads. I did have a problem with one mag since I did not have the base pad on all the way. Once I installed it all the way on it runs great. Get the Taccom coupler and join either two 33 round mags or a 33 and a 20. They both work great for me. A Colt 50 or 60 round drum would be great! Thanks, Eric

Thanks for the tip Eric.  I did relieve the lip on the base pad.  Still getting some nose dives.  My follower is metal, and the mags are Brownells.  They run fine stock.  I am at a point that I may pick up a MPX anyway, I just hate to spend that kind of money.

5 hours ago, troupe said:

Thanks for the tip Eric.  I did relieve the lip on the base pad.  Still getting some nose dives.  My follower is metal, and the mags are Brownells.  They run fine stock.  I am at a point that I may pick up a MPX anyway, I just hate to spend that kind of money.

Have you tried the mag+extension with the stock spring?  That's what I use and haven't had any nose dive problems.

I saw one of the Korean 50-round Glock drums run flawlessly though a match last weekend. I have heard others say they are crap. Maybe play the ROK Drum Lottery?

Last year I also saw a prototype 50-round drum on the Black Dog Machine booth at the SAR Show, but that is still not available so maybe the design is more challenging than first thought.

Edited by StealthyBlagga
9 hours ago, troupe said:

Tommy: Don't buy a MPX and end up spending over $3000 before you are done. I am using the Wolff Uzi extra power springs in some of my mags. That solved the problem when running the TF base pads on some of the mags. The other mags run fine with the stock spring and TF base pads. Thanks, Eric

I agree.  My rifle is a SBR, so I would keep it anyway with the suppressed upper.  The rifle runs great, accurate, and paid for.  I will get the mags figured out.  I need at least one high cap mag that is reliable.