Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Accu Bushing Bending

MRevolutionIX

Has anybody else experienced this?  My bushing on my CTS 40 is bending forward. I have heard of bushing breaking where mine is breaking but have never seen this. I wonder how much longer this will hold up?

IMG_7561.JPG

Edited by MRevolutionIX

10 minutes ago, CZ85Combat said:

You should be asking CZC

I emailed them the other day. Haven't received a response yet. Probably due to them settling back in from SHOT. Just seeing if this a common thing with the bushings. I've got an AccuShadow with a lot more rounds thru it and it is still straight. 

I haven't seen it with mine, but it makes me wonder if maybe your recoil spring is just a touch too long.  If it is a bit long and the spring is binding when the slide is to the rear it would act as a solid stop and the bottom of the bushing is taking the force of the recoil.

Please update after CZC gets back to you. 

• 2 weeks later...

I forgot to update this. I finally had time to remove the bushing and found it to be cracked. It is with CZC now and will be replaced.  Let me add that when I talked to Stuart he said this was rare and only saw a couple of cases like this. My AccuShadow shows zero signs of failure and has at least double the ammount of rounds this gun has through it. 

IMG_7581.JPG

IMG_7580.JPG

Edited by MRevolutionIX

19 hours ago, Hi_Im_Vinh said:

At least they are taking care of you , I see your a fellow IX owner as so . Any crazy mods done?

I don't own the Evo anymore but when I had it, the mods I had were very mild. I drive a Honda Ridgeline now. Growing older with kids sucks the fun out of cars! Haha