Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Noveske NSR + Gen 3 upper

FortesInFide

Hey guys,

I'm looking to pair my new Noveske NSR rail with an upper, either the Gen 3 or the Vltor MUR. 

From the pic here  you can see that the black of the NSR and the black of the Gen 3 upper do NOT match for paint. Is this typical or perhaps the reason they're Chainsaw?

IMG_8310.JPG

Different anodizing. Some anodizing varies more than others. Black is pretty forgiving, but as you can see there is slight differences. If you want them perfect have all the parts you want the same color stripped and anodized in one bath. I used to build a machine with gold anodized  parts, only way to have the machine look right was have every part anodized gold done in the same bath.

With anodizing it is very batch and prep specific. What grit they blasted them if any and how long they left it in along with some

other factors. I've had some uppers and lowers from the same manufacturer come to me differently. If you're not too worried about a FA then check out SMOS, they do the Noveske Gen IIIs as well as parts for some other companies.

• 1 month later...
On 1/31/2017 at 7:26 PM, JAustin316 said:

With anodizing it is very batch and prep specific. What grit they blasted them if any and how long they left it in along with some

other factors. I've had some uppers and lowers from the same manufacturer come to me differently. If you're not too worried about a FA then check out SMOS, they do the Noveske Gen IIIs as well as parts for some other companies.

Upon checking out SMOS, I noticed there really isn't much cost savings than the Noveske marked gear(?).