Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dropped Magazine

altabonita

Shoot it one handed, and/or have someone else shoot it to verify you're not doing it. It could be as (not) simple as changing your grip. Other questions, which glock or more specifically which mag release? Factory, factory extended, aftermarket?

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Pull the mag release as Jay870 said, and check for wear. Or just replace it, they're just a few dollars. Try that first and let us know.

ETA: While the mag release is out, check the frame for burrs or anything else that can interfere with proper function.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

30 minutes ago, altabonita said:

Actually it happens shooting one handed and when others are shooting the gun so I don't think that's the problem. 

But you could still bump it right handed. Is this gun OEM (or aftermarket) slide stop and mags or metal mag release? Never heard of a OEM mag release going bad as I have a G17 with over 200,000 rounds thru it and have never changed the mag release. However aftermarket metal ones will chew up your mags very quickly

Edited by 9x45

LOOK AT THE  mag itself..... My buddy used aftermarket metal mag releases (Gen 3 guns) and they wore the mag slot in the mag out.........He changed back to plastic Glock mag catch's and all is well...I use Gen 4 Glocks, so I got a bunch of free Glock mags and just moved the mag release to the right side....

On 1/28/2017 at 6:32 PM, mike NM said:

LOOK AT THE  mag itself..... My buddy used aftermarket metal mag releases (Gen 3 guns) and they wore the mag slot in the mag out.........He changed back to plastic Glock mag catch's and all is well...I use Gen 4 Glocks, so I got a bunch of free Glock mags and just moved the mag release to the right side....

Willing to bet this is your issue. It has happened to me and several of the guys I shoot with. 

On ‎1‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 7:23 PM, altabonita said:

What would cause a Glock to drop the magazine after the first shot?

Same thing happened to my STI TruBor after 10,000 rounds - had to

replace the mag release button/spring - then, no more problems.    :)