Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

TSO set up

Superpipe9

• 2 months later...
11 hours ago, Superpipe9 said:

Anybody else do any work to their TSO?

I am a happy owner of a TSO .40 .

Like a good tinkerer, i did' t let the pistol as the factory made it.

1.  changed the barrel with my SP01 9mm.

2.  took of the barrel bushing and replased it with a cone style on the barrel

3.  recut the handle (beavertail and triggerguard)

4.  changed the guide rod with a same OD stanless steel piece (two pieces)

5.  change the position of the LS (higher position of left hand)

6.  blend the frame to the magwell

7.  polish , smooth and blend the magazine release

8.  stock hammer spring, 9# recoil spring(variable)

Tomorrow i take some photos

Manolis

Be sure to add blue loctite to your grip screws and rear sight screws as those will work themselves out after a range trip or two.

I personally run a 12# recoil spring to go with my 200gr Acme/ 4.0gr W-231 major load , left the HS stock , blended magwell , and added a bigger safety and thumbrest

4 hours ago, Superpipe9 said:

These safeties suck on this gun. The only thing stopping this gun from being perfect in my opinion 

I agree. The left side safety (I'm a righty) is too short (big hands/long fingers) and with a high grip the trigger finger knuckle engages the right side safety. I wish there was a single-side safety available. I'll likely end up with an extended left safety and shave the shelf off the right side safety tab. FWIW, I had this issue with my 2011s but the solution was much easier: GI single-side safety.

Ambi safeties are for the birds.

I'm looking at 140mm basepads for my 9mm TSO, specifically Springer. I don't see a capacity listed, nor can I find one in the places I've looked. With their extra power spring and factory follower, is the setup +3 (23+1) and with the Grams kit +4 (24+1)? Is one setup any more/less reliable than the other?

16 minutes ago, RigPig said:

I'm looking at 140mm basepads for my 9mm TSO, specifically Springer. I don't see a capacity listed, nor can I find one in the places I've looked. With their extra power spring and factory follower, is the setup +3 (23+1) and with the Grams kit +4 (24+1)? Is one setup any more/less reliable than the other?

Problem with the sprinters is that you have to use a set screw to install and disassemble them. That sucks if you need to do that on several stages at a match and the set screw will eventually strip out. I got CZC ones and they are great. Mine is for .40 though. 

19 minutes ago, Superpipe9 said:

Problem with the sprinters is that you have to use a set screw to install and disassemble them. That sucks if you need to do that on several stages at a match and the set screw will eventually strip out. I got CZC ones and they are great. Mine is for .40 though. 

CZCs have been out of stock all week, SP are in-stock. I also have 6 mags I'll be putting base pads on, so the cleaning frequency won't be as big of issue. I also don't clean my mags between stages. Dirty mags haven't been an issue for me, so I generally don't do it. 

1 minute ago, RigPig said:

CZCs have been out of stock all week, SP are in-stock. I also have 6 mags I'll be putting base pads on, so the cleaning frequency won't be as big of issue. I also don't clean my mags between stages. Dirty mags haven't been an issue for me, so I generally don't do it. 

Sounds like the springers will be great for you then. Believe they are cheaper as well. Good luck either way. 

1 minute ago, Superpipe9 said:

Sounds like the springers will be great for you then. Believe they are cheaper as well. Good luck either way. 

I looked at CZCs initially, I like the retaining clip on them better than the set screw.