Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Springfield Model P9LSP (Cross posted on Tanfoglio page)

e5young

How are you all doing?!

I am approaching my 21st birthday so I will finally get to buy my first handgun. While my dad has handguns so I'm not new to the handgun world of shooting, I am looking for something special as my first pistol. I am in CA so we do have a roster, basically all guns except for glock gen 3's are illegal here. 

That being said, I have a friend that is offering to sell me his Springfield Model P9 LSP (long slide ported) for my birthday. I am trying to find as much information as I can but Google is lacking of much information. I could only find that they are Tanfo OEM parts assembled in the US by Springfield (I don't even know if this is correct). I was also told that they used to be used heavily as Open guns if they were chambered in 9x21 to make major power factor. This one my buddy is selling is chambered in 9x19. 

Anyone here own one and/or have more information surrounding this pistol? Where can I get extra parts? Barrels? Sights? I kinda want to shoot this in production but it is ported....

Thanks in advanced! 

16325866_357380247982524_438773037_o.jpg

Edited by e5young

20 hours ago, GrumpyOne said:

If you don't mind me asking, how much is he selling it for?

Ha. That's exactly what I wondered when he said his friend is offering it for his birthday. Might just be a nice guy, might be laughing inside.