Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2017 Blue Ridge Mountain 3-Gun Championship presented by Doublestar October 19-21 at Rockcastle Shooting Center

The BRM3G is only five weeks from now!  The 2017 matchbook is now available for download on the BRM3G website, and stages and round counts are available also.  Despite lots of planning, when the stages are actually put on the ground, they may be slightly different from what is published.  And, there are 12 folks still in Heavy Metal!  Good job getting more folks interested! 

I hope all of you effected by the hurricanes are safe and doing well.

Take care, and we’ll see you at Rockcastle soon.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

I'm looking forward to the match

On 5/10/2017 at 9:18 AM, camocarmen said:

(I'm relatively new to 3 Gun and this is will be my first BRM3G.)

Regarding Tactical Division Shotgun, rule 6.3.2.6 No shotgun in Tactical division may be loaded with more than 9 rounds at any time, or hold over 8 rounds in the magazine tube.  http://www.brm3g.com/Pictures/Home Pg/2017 BRM3G Rules.pdf

So after after the buzzer, I can't load 4 and should probably leave my Nordic extension at home? 

Any other rules that are different from 3GN?

Thanks,

Carmen

It's not in the rule book, but you're also not allowed to ghost a ninth round on the lifter during empty shotgun starts.

Just in case you were thinking of it.

Edited by mechanical

I had a travel buddy have to drop out.

Got some local friends also going, but they are in a different squad.

Thus:
1. Anyone in squad9 got an extra seat/gear space I could bum during the match from stage-to-stage?
2. Anyone from squad15 willing to swap into squad9 to take my spot, so I can ride with my friends in squad15?  (So, there would be two squad slots in squad9, since my travel buddy wouldn't be there....)

Thanks in advance!
Edited by AustinWolv

Thank you Mr. Horner for an awesome match.  I would also like to thank all of the RO's who worked the match along with all of the staff at The Rock Castle Shooting Center.  Thank you to all the sponsors especially Double Star for being the title sponsor and for donating the Star 15 rifle in .300 BLK to the Task Force Dagger Foundation for the raffle that I won! 

A huge thanks to Mr. Horner, the BRM3G staff, the sponsors and the Rockcastle/Park Mammoth staff.

This was my first time at Blue Ridge but, not my last. It kicked my @## and exposed some shortcomings in a few pieces of gear. I'm looking for replacements and designing a new training regimen/schedule. Looking forward to next year.