Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2017 Blue Ridge Mountain 3-Gun Championship presented by Doublestar October 19-21 at Rockcastle Shooting Center

Registration for the 2017 Blue Ridge Mountain 3-Gun Championship presented by Doublestar is open on Practiscore. 

Over the past 9 years we have run over 80 stages, and I hope you have had one or two favorites.  If you want to see your favorite stage or prop again, shoot me an email at afh3g@yahoo.com with a description or stage number and year.  Paul and I will be at Rockcastle after the NRA convention to design this year’s stages and would appreciate your input! 

Andy

BRM3G Doublestar HeaderPic.jpg

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One of my all time favorite stages was year #2 in KY- before Cowboy Town had any cowboys.  What made the stage was all the furniture in the pig barn that you had to shuffle through while shooting rifle targets inside.

Pistolshot, I just checked the link, and it is currently working.  It appears that Ken, Russell, and the rest of the folks at Practiscore have activated the first segment of their new advertisements programs. This not only benefits Practiscore, but also all the matches that are using Practiscore for registration and scoring.  The forethought and effort put into the program will provide advertising at no cost to our match, stage, and division sponsors once the entire plan is implemented.  

https://www.facebook.com/KennethCNelson/posts/10211299947841934

More great stuff from Practiscore!!

Andy

I liked the rifle shots from the forward sloping platform on the stage at the clays course last year, shooting through the SUV windows in 2013, and don't remember which match it was, but running through the barn in cowboy town while shooting.

• 3 months later...

(I'm relatively new to 3 Gun and this is will be my first BRM3G.)

Regarding Tactical Division Shotgun, rule 6.3.2.6 No shotgun in Tactical division may be loaded with more than 9 rounds at any time, or hold over 8 rounds in the magazine tube.  http://www.brm3g.com/Pictures/Home Pg/2017 BRM3G Rules.pdf

So after after the buzzer, I can't load 4 and should probably leave my Nordic extension at home? 

Any other rules that are different from 3GN?

Thanks,

Carmen

38 minutes ago, camocarmen said:

(I'm relatively new to 3 Gun and this is will be my first BRM3G.)

Regarding Tactical Division Shotgun, rule 6.3.2.6 No shotgun in Tactical division may be loaded with more than 9 rounds at any time, or hold over 8 rounds in the magazine tube.  http://www.brm3g.com/Pictures/Home Pg/2017 BRM3G Rules.pdf

So after after the buzzer, I can't load 4 and should probably leave my Nordic extension at home? 

Any other rules that are different from 3GN?

Thanks,

Carmen

Yes. 8+1 is it. Leave the longer extension at home or plug it to 8+1 unless you run Open.

There are a lot of rules different from 3GN- as Blue Ridge Mountain 3 Gun pre-dates 3GN's rules by about 8 years.  Scoring is vastly different.  

If you like a challenge, you are in for a treat.  This will be my 10th BRM3G working as staff and shooting.  And it's worth it.

What division are you planning on shooting, Carmen?  That will help us identify any other items that you may need to review.

• 5 weeks later...

The stages will be open for everyone to look at on Tuesday and Wednesday.  However, the staff will be shooting those days, and no one is allowed to walk the stages they are on unless you are helping the ROs with resetting, which I'm sure they would appreciate.  There will also be a sight-in range somewhere by Wednesday -- I just haven't figured out where yet!

I'm working on getting the stages drawn and descriptions written.  You can look for them to be posted in 2 or 3 weeks if all goes well, along with round counts.  

Andy

• 3 weeks later...
24 minutes ago, iamspartacus said:

I have always wanted to shoot Heavy Metal at this match, are there 9 other crazy people out there that want to as well so we can have the division recognized?

Actually, there are already 3 registered for Heavy. If you sign up you only need 6 more. As of 12:45 am on 6/3 the breakdown is 125 Tac-Optics, 15 Tac-Irons, 17 Open and 3 Heavy Metal. Still 3 1/2 months to recruit and then at least 10 have to actually show up.

6 hours ago, iamspartacus said:

I've got two friends that shoot Heavy that I'm going to try and talk into it this weekend at our local match. If I can convince them we'll just need 4 more.

...and get everyone to show up.