Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

YHM Barrels

Probably a stupid question, but here goes.  I was looking at the YHM Colt lower and saw they have barrels, too.  Took a look at them and saw they have gas ports at carbine length.  Are these supposed to be MPX replacement barrels or what am I missing?

From what I've seen, they have a gas block journal at the Carbine length, no port. Evidently there's a demand somewhere for 9mm to wear a gas block and gas tube for aesthetic purposes. Several companies are putting barrels out this way for some stupid reason.

15 minutes ago, RigPig said:

From what I've seen, they have a gas block journal at the Carbine length, no port. Evidently there's a demand somewhere for 9mm to wear a gas block and gas tube for aesthetic purposes. Several companies are putting barrels out this way for some stupid reason.

Click on this link and look at the third picture.  It shows the gas port drilled in the barrel...

Hello: I don't think they have a gas port but just the boss to bolt on a gas block. Lots of guys like the retro Colt look so that is why they do it. I bought a barrel with the gas boss on it and turned it off in the lathe. Much lighter and looks better on my build. Don't forget we as competition shooters are only a small part of the total market. Thanks, Eric

1 minute ago, Todd7446 said:

Click on this link and look at the third picture.  It shows the gas port drilled in the barrel...

I posted that picture in an edit to my original post, not sure why it didn't post. I think it's a mistake on the part of whoever posted that picture to their website. 

4 hours ago, RigPig said:

^^^What he said...