Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

FAL builds?

hcore44

I purchased two "home built" FALs a few years ago and want to get them professionally rebuilt and properly timed.  Does anyone know who might do this type of work?  It seems like there were a ton of builders in the early 2000s but not much now that I can find.  I tried to email Arizona Response Systems but never heard back.  Any other leads?  Thanks

• 1 month later...

Arizona Response is "the guy" on FAL builds. Hes a little slow on calling back but he is running a one man operation if im not mistaken. He has walked me thru 2 builds and pointed me in the right direction. Try calling back or send him an email.

• 3 weeks later...

Ed Vandenberg seems to be a good guy and a good smith.  He very definitely knows Fal rifles (he also builds nice pistols.)  I have one of his muzzle brakes on my Fal, it was a little tight when i got it so he told me to send him the rifle and he fitted and installed it for me no charge. One of these days i'll get one of his free float forearms (only source of that for a Fal that I know of.)

Edited by caspian guy

15 hours ago, caspian guy said:

Ed Vandenberg seems to be a good guy and a good smith.  He very definitely knows Fal rifles (he also builds nice pistols.)  I have one of his muzzle brakes on my Fal, it was a little tight when i got it so he told me to send him the rifle and he fitted and installed it for me no charge. One of these days i'll get one of his free float forearms (only source of that for a Fal that I know of.)

I did one of Ed's match grade heavy barrels and free floated forearms on my FAL back in 2002 or so, and can't say enough good things about it or him.  It shot a reliable 1.25 MOA with the gas on, and 0.75 MOA with the gas turned off.

• 3 weeks later...

For faster turnaround, Randy Kline aka "Sledgehammer" on FALfiles. He is in Jacksonville, Texas and has done great, well priced work for me and many others over on FALfiles.

The only other FALsmith I would use is Mark Graham aka Arizona Response Systems. Mark is widely recognized as the master FALsmith currently working.

Plus, he has a warm, cuddly personality, not an arrogant basterd at all. ?