Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Practiscore Android V1.3.31 Bugs

CHA-LEE

I ran a match today with Android version 1.3.31 and ran into a couple of bugs. Can we get these looked into?

1 - Android to iOS Sync failures - We register and score the match all with Android tablets or Nooks. After the match we sync the Master Android Tablet with an Apple iPhone so I can upload the results to Practiscore and generate the USPSA Webfile. This time Neither the Nooks or Kindle Fire tablet (All running V1.3.31) could successfully sync with my or others iPhone's running  Practiscore version 1.684 (13). The iOS device would get stuck in "Finding Device" and never recover from it. I would have to bomb out of practiscore all together on the phone to recover it. When I got home from the match I downgraded one of the Nooks back to V1.3.30 and the sync to iOS worked flawlessly. Something in Android version 1.3.31 has broken the sync functionality with iOS devices.

2 - "Stage Score Look suspicious: Please double check entered time for correctness: XX.XX" - This is only seen on Android version 1.3.31.This strange message pops up when you tap on "Review" after entering a competitors score and the Hit Factor is 10.0 or above. This message does not show up with 10+ hit factors on the iOS version. I understand that the purpose of this check is to potentially point out abnormal scores due to user input mistakes. But basing the warning decision only on the hit factor being 10+ is not very accurate or reliable. There are plenty of Normal stages that can produce a 10+ hit factor. For example most of the classifiers 100% hit factor is 10+. The logic on trying to isolate input mistakes needs to be more dynamic. For example if you took the total number of potential scored hits and allocate a minimum time assigned to it which would add up to a minimum stage time that would result in an abnormal score. If you assigned each potential scored hit a time value of 0.25 to set the error checking for minimum stage time then it would validly catch inaccurate stage times for the vast majority of stage time failures where the time is abnormally short. That or make it easier and simply bump up the maximum Hit Factor warning to 15 or above. Its pretty rare to see a 15+ hit factor stage. 

#2 is actually a feature.
I know cha-lee is annoyed by that and it caused some confusion to his ROs, so there are some improvements under the hood in 1.3.32 for that, and I will do more in one of the future releases and make it more configurable.

This is basically to address typos when entering time and some ROs not paying attention (and competitor doesn't care to look). E.g. catch and warn entered 9.56 instead of 19.56 or 29.56sec, as well as 0.86 instead of 8.60 sec.

Also, if you have chance, please mention it to your Area director or President. We could really use uspsa classifier HHF data to drive these warnings, if they will be make available.

Bob, I haven't looked at adding this to any time-based matches. If you have ideas, please email us at support@practiscore.com

I may just add a stage-level setting, to specify minimum realistic time for the stage. That should work for both uspsa/ipsc and all time-scoring variants.

Bob, I haven't looked at adding this to any time-based matches. If you have ideas, please email us at support@practiscore.com

I will likely add an optional stage-level setting, to specify minimum realistic time for the stage. That should work for both uspsa/ipsc and all time-scoring variants.

I have all the latest versions of Practiscore on two Kindle tablets and a master iPhone. We're running into an issue that sounds similar to #1 above. We can pull shooters to the Kindles all match, but as soon as we get to the end of the match we run into sync issues where one Kindle will not see the iPhone and the iPhone can't pull from that one Kindle. I don't know if this is network, device, or a software issue. Any thoughts on existing solutions to this problem?

Thanks 

There is a new V 1.4 out as well.

The sync problem seems to change with platforms and version of software.

Each device has is own Sync Code displayed at the bottom of the sync screen.

You can directly enter this code and sometimes helps on troublesome days.

We had syncing issue our last match.  I got six Fire HD 8's, using an iPad as the master.  All six Fire's are on the same version, but two of them consistently wouldn't sync to the ipad.  I could sync from the ipad to the fire's, but not vice verse.  No problem getting registration to the Fire's, but problem getting the scores back from these particular two Fire's back to iPad.  Tried manually entering sync code, no beans.  Check device time, not the problem.  Same issue trying to sync these two to others iPhones.  Ended up syncing from the two troublesome Fire's to a third Fire, then from that one to the iPad.  No idea what going on there, no biggie, easy workaround, just thought I'd share in case anyone sees same behaviors.

And of course, anytime I post about practiscore I want to again thank you guys for everything you do and the product you provide, it's been a game changer for the way we run matches.  We really should be donating more of a portion of our proceeds to y'all.   That said, pox on ya'll for removing the generate webfile from the app and moving it to the web.  I used to score the match and upload the webfile at the range within minutes of last shot fired, now I have to go home and do it on PC because my phone won't download the webfile from the website to onedrive and back up. 

mosher, thank you for your support. And as always I recommend to make sure you are running the same version on all devices. At this point, 1.4.0 had several fixes related to sync, so your best action is to update to that version now.

mosher, thank you for your support. And as always, I recommend to make sure you are running the same version on all devices.

At this point, 1.4.0 had several fixes related to sync, so your best action is to update to that version now. Running anything before that will give you known issues.

13 hours ago, euxx said:

mosher, thank you for your support. And as always, I recommend to make sure you are running the same version on all devices.

At this point, 1.4.0 had several fixes related to sync, so your best action is to update to that version now. Running anything before that will give you known issues.

Yeah, I'm bad about updating.  The fires do their auto-update thing I think, but my phone is a couple versions back, and the master iPad is actually an old iPad 2 with a practiscore version from about two years ago on it.

Turn auto updates off and update all your devices.

That old ipad you may have to replace if you can't get the latest app version on it, if you really need an ipad... We may have to make changes soon that old app version won't support.