Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Bladetech issues

LegionShooter

Anyone have issues with recent Bladetech holsters as far as the inward/outward cant is concerned?  I just got one for a new Stock 2 and the holes for the hanger are molded in such a fashion as to cant the butt of the gun towards my hip.  None of my others are that way, and it binds the gun on the draw significantly.  Anyone else see this with theirs?

I just got a Bladetech for the Limited Pro/Stock III exactly like that. I think it might be to compensate for the outward cant the SR belt loop has. I'm using the aluminum eBay belt hanger, so I had to use some rubber washers that come with Techloks to shim it all straight. Perfect now. 

Some heat would probably fix it pretty easily too. 

Yeah I'm going to try and shim it before anything else.  I'm using the Stoeger BOSS hanger that I took off another Bladetech holster.  That setup was perfect.  As OPENB said, the lower holes on this one are deeper than the top ones and it's kicking the grip inward.

I got a blade tech for a stock 2 a couple of months ago and had the same issue. Played around with different numbers/thickness of washers in between the holster body and boss hanger until it was just right. Kind of a pain. 

• 2 weeks later...

I played with some washers, and it was borderline at best.  BT sent a single shim for the bottom screw instead of two for the upper screws.  I got irritated and hit it with a sander.  It's flat now, straight up and down, but it's damn near through the plastic on the bottom screw, enough that I had to reinforce it.  At the end of the day I'm just going to order a different holster, probably Red Hill, and chalk up the BT to a learning point.  They aren't what they used to be.

I didn't like the cant of my blade tech doh, it was pointing my gun way too far inward towards my leg. Heated the hanger up with a heat gun and straightened it a bit. Looks perfect and now I don't feel like I'm sweeping myself.

I purchased a Blade Tech DOH with the Stingray system for my Glock about six months ago and never liked it.  I felt the SR was too loose on the belt and the offset was borderline legal for USPSA - and hot days pushed it over the legal limit.  I'm using the Boss hanger with the Blade Tech holster piece now and I'm very happy with it.  I bought one about eight years ago for my STI and it did seem to be more stable.