Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Out of the shadows from Southern Colorado

flynbenny

I discovered this forum after buying Brian's book in a second-hand shop late in 2016. After lurking for a while, I figured it was time for me to join and contribute where I can.

I have shot some tactical style club matches a few years ago, and club steel, tactical shotgun, sporting clays league. I have also shot smallbore silhouette, and dabbled in bullseye pistol and IDPA. I quit competing three years ago after I entered college as an adult student, until a few months ago when one of my wife's colleagues and now my shooting partner wanted to do multigun. My local range in Colorado Springs has a great 3 Gun program going we are going to do a few matches this season.

This site and the knowledge contained here have been invaluable to helping me set up my equipment. My knowledge of the AR platform and Glock pistols is very good, but I really needed some help with a competition shotgun. That killer 130+ page Stoeger M3000-M3K thread has got my M3K off to a great, problem free start.  My thanks to everyone, especially Pat Kelley, and I believe his name is Tom from MOA Precision for their work developing the Stoeger M3K platform and for sharing their knowledge with us. Given that I am a student my budget is limited, so avoiding mistakes while procuring the equipment I need means more ammo and more practice.

I will keep mining the threads here when I have questions, so many have been answered already.

• 2 weeks later...

That USPSA match compilation looks good at first but a good bit of the dates and prices are incorrect. I'm trying to get started in CO (just moved to Fountain) after moving from Virginia, PatJones, what matches do you try to go to?