Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Sig MPX gas port

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got to the range today with Gen 2 MPX after having gas port enlarged at ZR Tactical and it worked flawlessly for 200 rounds. Ejection was much improved and even locked the bolt back on last round. I couldn't get through an entire mag before without a stovepipe. I shoot 147 Extremes over 3.4 gr Titegroup. 

Recommend enlarging gas port to those having problems with their reloads. I know several folks can do it. Can't recommend ZR Tactical enough though. In and out in less than a week. I have no affiliation with them just happy to be able to use the same reload recipe for all my guns now.

34 minutes ago, surgdog said:

Got to the range today with Gen 2 MPX after having gas port enlarged at ZR Tactical and it worked flawlessly for 200 rounds. Ejection was much improved and even locked the bolt back on last round. I couldn't get through an entire mag before without a stovepipe. I shoot 147 Extremes over 3.4 gr Titegroup. 

Recommend enlarging gas port to those having problems with their reloads. I know several folks can do it. Can't recommend ZR Tactical enough though. In and out in less than a week. I have no affiliation with them just happy to be able to use the same reload recipe for all my guns now.

How big did they go with the gas port?

On 4/3/2017 at 6:43 PM, chopinlover said:

I see. Kinda strange...

Don't think it is strange at all. If I can only do one load for both, it would make my life easier.

BTW it runs the 3.4gr load with the factory gas port in my Gen 2. Bullet OAL is 1.1 and it cycles just fine. 

Edited by MrRick

11 hours ago, SergioSF said:

How big did they go with the gas port?

This from their website:

If your MPX does not cycle low velocity rounds, we can help out!  This service includes removing the gas block, drilling out the gas port (barrel and block), and reassembly.  We only need your barrel sent in.  We open the barrel to .0625″ port size.  Turnaround is 2-3 days.

1 hour ago, surgdog said:

This from their website:

If your MPX does not cycle low velocity rounds, we can help out!  This service includes removing the gas block, drilling out the gas port (barrel and block), and reassembly.  We only need your barrel sent in.  We open the barrel to .0625″ port size.  Turnaround is 2-3 days.

Hello: So they drill out your barrel and block with a 1/16" diameter drill bit to solve all the problems. Seems like Sig should do that as well. Thanks, Eric

On 4/9/2017 at 7:37 AM, surgdog said:

This from their website:

That's awesome!

I had mine opened up from .045" to .060" by a local 'smith.