Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Concealed Carry STI Edge?

dstein

Hello,

I am considering purchasing an STI Edge (9mm Luger).  I have carried a Glock 19 for years and have no trouble carrying it concealed.  What are your thoughts about carrying the STI Edge concealed?  I know that there is a size and weight difference compared to the Glock.  Just wanted to see if any of you have experience carrying the Edge and what advice you have.

Thanks!

2 hours ago, twodownzero said:

A 5" barrel, long dust cover, unique slide gun is not a carry gun, plain and simple.

Not only is it a 5 inch barrel its a bull barrel.  Its just so heavy and big its not practical.  I wish it was but its not.  If you ask me I'd say stick with the 19 110% for carry, and that might be an understatement.  

• 1 month later...

Just wanted to add something for everyone's consideration. In the event someone would find themselves in a life threatening situation and would have to use a firearm, said firearm would be confiscated in the investigation. Chances are slim one would ever get the firearm back. You can consider it gone. That is why inexpensive polymer carry guns like the shield are attractively priced.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12 hours ago, tatertot said:

Just wanted to add something for everyone's consideration. In the event someone would find themselves in a life threatening situation and would have to use a firearm, said firearm would be confiscated in the investigation. Chances are slim one would ever get the firearm back. You can consider it gone. That is why inexpensive polymer carry guns like the shield are attractively priced.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have to say that wouldn't even be a concern of mine. Losing the money I spent on it would be the absolute least of my worries if I really had to use it in a defense situation. 

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I have been carrying a Para Black Opps single stack in 45 with a galco mid summer comfort holster for 5 yrs and have had no problems at all. I say carry what’s comfortable and what you can shoot accurately.