Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Signing-On from NW Indiana (New)

Tank0211

A bit about me. I'm from Northwest Indiana, also known as 'The Region' (Lowell-West Creek Unincorporated). As such, I'm a 'country boy' & while I enjoy a visit to the city, the country is where I belong. I'm not a hunter, but enjoy fishing, hiking, kettlebell training & have been slowly getting into adventure motorcycling over the last few years (2014 KLR650).

I've been shooting friends/ relatives firearms here & there most of my life, but have only recently, in the last year or so, become a gun owner & CCL holder. I am a novice, but am eager to learn & am actively seeking to educate myself on pistols, shotguns & AR-15 style rifles. I consider owning firearms to not only be a right, but also a privilege that should be respected, by oneself, to the highest degree. I currently own a Sig SP2022 Para 9MM, Springfield Subcompact XD Mod.2 9mm (My EDC), a Stoeger M3K & I'll be ordering a 13.5" Armalite AR-15, 3-Gun Ed. soon!

I have just recently joined the IDPA as well as 3-Gun Nation in the hopes of competing for the 1st time this coming spring. I have plenty to learn, in that time, as I acquire my gear & welcome all advices. I am also an NRA member, U.S. Navy veteran & a lifetime Indiana CCL holder.

I'd love to meet more like-minded folks, in & around my area, to meet up w/, as well as find a dedicated gun club to join (having a bit of a time finding one near me not full-up atm!). Please feel free to post if you'd like to say 'hey' or have some info for me.

Take er easy,

~Tank

P.S. Currently seeking info on Stoeger M3K upgrades. I've pegged the HIVIZ shotgun front sight part # pm1002. MOA Brand: enlarged safety, +6 or +8 tube extension kit & precision low-drag follower. Do I need an extension stabilizer or clamp? Also I'm going w/ the Benelli: extractor #60177 (back-ordered!), extractor spring #70038, but cannot find the part number for the Benelli extractor pin that fits the M3K??? I'd also appreciate any advice on 3-gun based optics for the Armalite 13.5" AR-15 I'll be getting soon. I'd like to stay within a $500 budget.

Edited by Tank0211

2 hours ago, Hi-Power Jack said:

Welcome aboard, Tank :)

That's a real nice arsenal you have ...

BTW, what the hell is "kettlebell training"?

From everything you wrote, I presume you also reload????

Thanks Jack.

Kettlebells are solid metal or concrete balls of various weights that have a handle on them for weight training. They came into being in early Russian strongman competitions. Use the ol' goggle machine if you'd like to know more.

As for reloading, nope. As I said I'm a novice shooter & a relatively new gun owner so I'm still learning alot. If it sounds like I'm more knowledgeable than I am it's because I'm a research fiend! I'll be buying ammo for a good while, likely forever as I only plan to compete here & there during the year, but we'll see how that goes as I progress. I've heard it's VERY addictive & It's one of the reasons I have a Cableas credit card, now, that I use for ALL my purchases! But I pay my CC off EVERY month so it's fine. In any case, I'm mostly interested in getting practical experience on tactical type courses in order to become more proficient in those types of scenarios & of course for good fun & meeting new, good people!

Edited by Tank0211
Edit

Welcome sir! Have fun upgrading your Stoeger shotgun. I too, have the same model shotgun but I am going to keep the internals stock. I've added a Carbon Arms extended mag tube for now and working on applying silicone carbide as a grip rather than using a skateboard grip. I may switch to Hi-Viz down the road too. The good thing about the CA mag tube is it's a one piece design so no need to add a clamp.

1 hour ago, mksm2016 said:

Welcome sir! Have fun upgrading your Stoeger shotgun. I too, have the same model shotgun but I am going to keep the internals stock. I've added a Carbon Arms extended mag tube for now and working on applying silicone carbide as a grip rather than using a skateboard grip. I may switch to Hi-Viz down the road too. The good thing about the CA mag tube is it's a one piece design so no need to add a clamp.

Thanks mksm2016. After browsing MOA's site I'm ending up adding a few more trinkets than I had initially planned, but what the heck it's only money & tax returns are coming! I'm going w/ the MOA +8 tube as well as the Tac-com extension stabilizer. Are you saying I won't need the stabilizer at all? It seems like it would be better to have one w/ 7" or so overhang of the barrell. And being that it's not a clamp it's 'supposed' to not effect slug accuracy.