Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

P320 X5 Thread

BASE772

22 hours ago, f2benny said:

Yes they just came out last week

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I tried mine today with a 14# and a 13# spring. My loads are about 132 pf. 

In fast shooting the second round was hitting low with the 14#. With the 13# a little bit high. I may be getting too precise and I may have made unconscious adjustments, but Im curious about trying a 14# with some coil cut off. I THINK Yong Lee or Max Michel usd a 14 with one coil cut. This is new to me, does anyone have advice based on experience on how much I should cut a 14# to get it around 13.5? I'm trying to avoid buying a bunch of springs. Thanks!

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, Mig9 said:

I tried mine today with a 14# and a 13# spring. My loads are about 132 pf. 

In fast shooting the second round was hitting low with the 14#. With the 13# a little bit high. I may be getting too precise and I may have made unconscious adjustments, but Im curious about trying a 14# with some coil cut off. I THINK Yong Lee or Max Michel usd a 14 with one coil cut. This is new to me, does anyone have advice based on experience on how much I should cut a 14# to get it around 13.5? I'm trying to avoid buying a bunch of springs. Thanks!

Try cutting one coil at a time. Easy always easy to take more off. 

have it mostly complete. DP pro, with springer adapter  plate, springer ext mag release, grams follower and spring, with springer floor plates, and just added springer guide rod and a 14# 1911 spring, still need to stipple the grip

co.jpg

4 minutes ago, AussieTactical said:

Can any left handers comment on how they are finding the X5? I couldn't see any mention on this thread, or anywhere else for that matter. I realise its possible to swap the mag release, but are there any other considerations?

The slide release is not functional left handed. I can operate it right handed easily but I cannot drop the slide left handed once it locks back due to the design of the slide release. Other than that it's a great gun, that is my only gripe so far. 

Edited by AmarokTactical

2 hours ago, AmarokTactical said:

The slide release is not functional left handed. I can operate it right handed easily but I cannot drop the slide left handed once it locks back due to the design of the slide release. Other than that it's a great gun, that is my only gripe so far. 

I'm lefty. After time it seems like it breaks in and gets easier. To help, I break my grip to hit the mag release then quickly place my thumb on the slide lock lever. Then insert the mag fairly hard to use that inertia to force

the slide release against my thumb at the same time pressing on the slide release since it's already there. Takes little effort with your thumb when doing that. Works like a charm but takes dry fire practice to burn it in your head to do it naturally lol. 

On June 21, 2017 at 6:39 PM, BC27 said:

I got my trigger pull gauge just now.  Did a 5 pulls to get an average and ended up with 2 pounds 9 ounces.  All 5 pulls were pretty consistent with the lowest one at 2 pounds 5 ounces and the highest at 2 pounds 11 ounces.  I consider this a very good sign as the trigger is stable.  I think I'd be a bit worried if there were extreme spreads in weight.  I did find it impossible to get consistent pulls on the flat trigger by itself so I had to put a rubber band around it to keep the gauge from sliding all over.  I placed the rubber band so that the gauge would pull from the middle of the trigger.  So I've got about 200 rounds though it now and it feels very consistent.  Here's a couple pics.

Looks like I won't get my spare parts to work in the shorter reset and over travel until next week so that will have to wait.

2.jpg

1.jpg

This is amazing. Thanks for sharing. 

Do you know how much of the weight is reduced by going from two sear springs to one?

thanks!

18 hours ago, Mig9 said:

This is amazing. Thanks for sharing. 

Do you know how much of the weight is reduced by going from two sear springs to one?

thanks!

I don't know the difference from two to just one because I didn't have my gauge until recently. However, it is a noticeable reduction and an easy way to reduce the pull weight.  If I were to guess, it feels like around 3/4 pounds lighter using just one sear spring.

On 1/23/2017 at 8:49 AM, alma said:

If they are open ended then there is a good chance that they will fit since the rail section is identical. The grip is a bit thicker towards the top so that area may or may not be tight depending on holster design. 

I have a P320 safariland holster. And my X5 fits in it fine. 

Edited by ELZEROGRANDE

6 hours ago, ELZEROGRANDE said:

I have a P320 safariland holster. And my X5 fits in it fine. 

Ive been using my p320 Full size Comp-Tac International holster and its working well. If you check it is a bit short for the gun (1/4 " maybe), but it works. It wouldnt work for carry but its been fine for USPSA. Ill get an X5 holster later but Im in no rush. 

I ordered some 17 round magazines and I was pleasantly surprised to find that they fit the X5 grip module with no modifications.  Sig must have made a running change to the baseplate.  They still have the tabs but they're tapered to fit the X5.

IMG_0275.JPG

IMG_0276.JPG

IMG_0270.JPG

I picked up my X5 today and while cleaning it I noticed that the number on the barrel does not match the number on the inside of the slide. 

Is this normal? 

I read in this thread something about matched barrels and slides...

9 hours ago, ELZEROGRANDE said:

They seem to have updated the tabs to fit the X5. top gun has them in stock right now also. 

I just some from gunmagwarehouse and they were the new ones too.  I was surprised by that.  I actually wanted the old ones because I had two extra Springer baseplates that fit the old style.  Oh well, just had to order more from Springer. :)

On 1/24/2017 at 3:59 AM, alma said:

It's based on a medium grip but it's less round. Other sizes are a possibility. Phil mentioned that he has a prototype small. 

The FCU and trigger components are now identical to the rest of the line except for the shape of the trigger. SIG backed away from the Trigger design from the Target that would leave the FCU incompatible with everything else.. 

Any word on the small grip module? The classic smalls fit, of course, but the profile isn't as good and it's not weighted so it's kind of a cheesy compromise.

5 hours ago, Lowsider said:

Any leads on a level 2+ retention holster? Maybe something like a duty holster or a FS holster that is open on the bottom to fit the longer slide?

Someone mentioned some safariland may work but I don't have details on that. I have a Red Hill Tactical with a WRS attachment on it that I use for 3 Gun. 

9 hours ago, gavagai said:

Any word on the small grip module? The classic smalls fit, of course, but the profile isn't as good and it's not weighted so it's kind of a cheesy compromise.

Last I heard there was a design but no ETA. Phil said they don't expect to sell the grip modules seperatly until some time next year. I felt someone's X5's grip where he was thinned out the sides. That seemed to make a big difference and had a good feel to it. I am not sure how the grip weight would be handled in other sizes since in a dedicated small there might be not be enough room to put the same size grip weight. 

17 hours ago, Lowsider said:

Any leads on a level 2+ retention holster? Maybe something like a duty holster or a FS holster that is open on the bottom to fit the longer slide?

Red Hill Tactical - Robert King can set you up !

RHT_Level_2.jpg

Edited by bossgvr4

On 6/24/2017 at 6:32 PM, AussieTactical said:

Can any left handers comment on how they are finding the X5? I couldn't see any mention on this thread, or anywhere else for that matter. I realise its possible to swap the mag release, but are there any other considerations?

I have only put about 250 RDS thru mine so far. First thing I did was install a Springer extended mag release and swap it for LH use - it makes a big difference. I have not had an issue with the slide release. After shooting a G17 for many years, it's finally nice to have controls for LH use. Gun is very accurate for the 250 thru it so far. Oh, one other change, added a slightly wider Dawson front sight, the factory is too narrow for my liking.

I'm at roughly 1100 rounds with mine. I can't say enough positives about it. So glad I made the switch to sig from glock. Now I'm going to play with loads and spring rates. Just waiting on some parts from springer and then let the testing begin. My $.02 about the grip: after I thinned it out and did the grit and glue texture on it the profile seems slightly narrower than factory. It seems to fit my hand better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk