Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

P320 X5 Thread

BASE772

12 minutes ago, Boomstick303 said:

Are you seeing high primers?  That could be one cause, especially on a 650 if the upstroke is not completed correctly.  Possibly something to check for if you are not already checking for them.

The only time I have had issue is when lube got onto my striker assembly unknowingly.  I make sure I use electrical cleaner to clean the striker assembly and the channel the striker assembly is installed into.  I then take dry air to make sure all of the electrical cleaner has dried before reassembly of the striker assembly.   I have yet to need to replace any parts of my striker assembly.  

Thank you for the suggestion, I'm watching it pretty closely now and have adjusted the press so that I can prime slighter deeper. Unfortunately, I'm still having the issue. Currently I've only had this issue with Remington primers. I just got some Winchester Small Rifle and CCI Small Pistol primers that I'm hoping to test out this weekend. 

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Limitless13 said:

Winchester Small Rifle and CCI Small Pistol primers that I'm hoping to test out this weekend. 

CCI primers are some of the hardest primers.  Winchesters will set off easier.  I would check your striker assembly.  Make sure its clean and do not apply any oil.

If you possibly have another P320 maybe try changing out the striker assembly to start to narrow down possible defective parts.

Good luck.

Definitely clean the striker assembly and slide channel.  I have approximately 50k rounds on one of my P320s and at about 25k rounds was having light strike issues.  Tried changing the striker springs but the problem persisted.  Cleaned out the striker channel in the slide and the issue completely disappeared.  I now remove the striker assembly from the slide and clean out the channel every 10k rounds or so and have not had any problems since.  Also, the striker should be run dry.