Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

P320 X5 Thread

BASE772

On 6/19/2017 at 5:28 PM, Jeff O said:

Got an email from Robert Ray at IDPA headquarters Thursday, he says he has one in hand and they are evaluating it. Since the IDPA rule says "heavy or cone barrel" such as on a Tanfo, the gun should be good to go because the barrel lock up is just like a Glock, XDM or M&P. He said they will announce it in "Tactical Briefs".

X5 may not have a bull barrel as it is advertised, it certainly has a "heavy" barrel compared to P320 FS.  It would be interesting to make an exception here.  I would love to see IDPA remove the restriction on heavy/cone barrel that is longer than 4.5 inches.  I never understand the justifications behind that restriction - if it's to restrict the weights, there is already 43 oz limit that would eliminate most full-metal CZ clones. 

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

45 minutes ago, rtr said:

Anyone got a lead on where I can find an X5?

Gun Broker has several listed for $850 right now. I bought mine from Gilbert's Guns in KY for the same price. They are out-of-stock, but you might contact them to see if they are getting any more in stock. I had never bought from them before but was very happy with the service.

1 hour ago, rtr said:

Anyone got a lead on where I can find an X5?

There's one here in Billings, MT at Beartooth Guns. Don't remember price. He got it in for me but I picked one up used from a friend a couple weeks ago so it's still there.

Edited by XDMgunchamp278

I got my trigger pull gauge just now.  Did a 5 pulls to get an average and ended up with 2 pounds 9 ounces.  All 5 pulls were pretty consistent with the lowest one at 2 pounds 5 ounces and the highest at 2 pounds 11 ounces.  I consider this a very good sign as the trigger is stable.  I think I'd be a bit worried if there were extreme spreads in weight.  I did find it impossible to get consistent pulls on the flat trigger by itself so I had to put a rubber band around it to keep the gauge from sliding all over.  I placed the rubber band so that the gauge would pull from the middle of the trigger.  So I've got about 200 rounds though it now and it feels very consistent.  Here's a couple pics.

Looks like I won't get my spare parts to work in the shorter reset and over travel until next week so that will have to wait.

2.jpg

1.jpg

Set up the X5 last night.  Thanks to Scott Springer for the base pads, extended mag release and mounting plate.  Went with the Vortex Venom.  I will try to get out in the next couple of days and see how it does.IMG_0248.JPG.22a13c3d0eee42eb3ffd2b103307f22b.JPGIMG_0250.JPG.8c47079ac9351e6dd80bdcfd7f3ab448.JPG

3 hours ago, gearguywb said:

Set up the X5 last night.  Thanks to Scott Springer for the base pads, extended mag release and mounting plate.  Went with the Vortex Venom.  I will try to get out in the next couple of days and see how it does.IMG_0248.JPG.22a13c3d0eee42eb3ffd2b103307f22b.JPGIMG_0250.JPG.8c47079ac9351e6dd80bdcfd7f3ab448.JPG

Did you have to file the mount or anything to fit it? Got my Venom yesterday and mount should be here today

Just got back from putting another hundred or so rounds through it since I just installed the dot.

Positives:

Dot worked well, very bright, easy to zero

Mount worked well

Love the extended mag release

Gun is super accurate

Cons:

Trigger is awful for a competition gun

Grip tape didn't last 1 magazine.  Not sure if the grip needs to be scuffed up, superglue used, etc.

Still very tight (not really a con).  Because of how tight it is the gun is way over-sprung.

Hey all! I'm eagerly awaiting my own X-Five which is out for delivery and due at my shop tomorrow afternoon. Absolutely cannot wait to get it in my hands and start breaking it in! :D

I am still debating on which optic to go with for it, either the Romeo1 or a DPP. I've got a Blade-Tech holster on order but I'm thinking of ordering a RHT as well.

Any of you X-Five folks have a favorite 124 JHP recipe so far, TG or CFE?

Hey all! I'm eagerly awaiting my own X-Five which is out for delivery and due at my shop tomorrow afternoon. Absolutely cannot wait to get it in my hands and start breaking it in! [emoji3]
I am still debating on which optic to go with for it, either the Romeo1 or a DPP. I've got a Blade-Tech holster on order but I'm thinking of ordering a RHT as well.

Go with the RHT and you won't be disapointed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, RobE said:

Hey all! I'm eagerly awaiting my own X-Five which is out for delivery and due at my shop tomorrow afternoon. Absolutely cannot wait to get it in my hands and start breaking it in! :D

4.0 gr TG @ about 1.10 works well with most Jhp bullets. You can go longer if you like. But that powder charge will get you in the 130pf range.

17 hours ago, Bigbrowngmc said:

Go with the RHT and you won't be disapointed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have no doubt about that, sir. I'm going to be ordering one this weekend for sure. Thanks!

16 hours ago, BillGarlandJr said:

4.0 gr TG @ about 1.10 works well with most Jhp bullets. You can go longer if you like. But that powder charge will get you in the 130pf range.

Thanks very much! I'll be starting there and see how it feels and shoots for accuracy. Thanks again. 

22 hours ago, Edge40 said:

Am I the only one that prefers the curved trigger over the flat x5 trigger.  I keep going back and forth and prefer the curved.

I prefer the curved also. I believe Yong Lee, a GM, said he prefers the curved too.