Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

P320 X5 Thread

BASE772

2 hours ago, gearguywb said:

I am in the same boat.  Thinking about the Leopold with the 7.5 min delta, with the Springer adapter.  

Anyone set up something like that?

The 7.5 is overkill the 2.5 is intense enough that you'll have no problem finding the dot and will be able to make quicker more accurate shots. It also won't eat through the battery as fast as the 7.5. I'm just waiting on my Springer adapter plate to arrive in the mail and I'll be running it. I'll post a picture when I get it all setup.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just replaced my X5 front sight with a slightly wider one, and for my 59 year old eyes, it makes a big difference. Ordered a new sight from Dawson Precision that is 0.23" tall (factory height according to my measurements) and 0.10" wide, and that extra 0.01" is really noticeable to me, the front sight no longer looks like a strand of hair. All that daylight on either side of the factory front sight bothered me. As usual, the Dawson folks provided great service and fast shipping. I will say the front sight was really tight in the dovetail, and the aluminum punch that Dawson provides was too flimsy to drift out the sight, had to resort to my own set of punches.

1 hour ago, LHshooter said:

Just replaced my X5 front sight with a slightly wider one, and for my 59 year old eyes, it makes a big difference. Ordered a new sight from Dawson Precision that is 0.23" tall (factory height according to my measurements) and 0.10" wide, and that extra 0.01" is really noticeable to me, the front sight no longer looks like a strand of hair. All that daylight on either side of the factory front sight bothered me. As usual, the Dawson folks provided great service and fast shipping. I will say the front sight was really tight in the dovetail, and the aluminum punch that Dawson provides was too flimsy to drift out the sight, had to resort to my own set of punches.

What diameter FO does your new sight have, .060 or .040?

1 hour ago, Nick179 said:

What diameter FO does your new sight have, .060 or .040?

The fiber is 0.040". What I do is when I install a piece of the fiber I let a little extra stick out so when I melt it, the bulb ends up being a little bigger in diameter than how they come from Dawson. My eyes like seeing a little bigger fiber bulb.

6 minutes ago, LHshooter said:

The fiber is 0.040". What I do is when I install a piece of the fiber I let a little extra stick out so when I melt it, the bulb ends up being a little bigger in diameter than how they come from Dawson. My eyes like seeing a little bigger fiber bulb.

Ok, and you like how the new Front sight blade fills the rear notch now?  

2 hours ago, Nick179 said:

On mine, I switched to a .185 x .115 and the width fills the notch pretty good.  There's still light on both sides, but not much.  Also with the stock height I had to jack the rear sight way up b/c the gun was shooting low.  So .185 worked fine for me.  If you go any lower chances are you're going to run out of room to adjust.

4 hours ago, Nick179 said:

Yes I do. Personally, I like the 0.10" width a lot more than the stock 0.09". I wanted a 0.105", but they did not have that width.  As ltdmstr said in his post, with the stock height (0.23") the rear sight is up pretty high on my X5 as well, but it is not distracting or bothersome to me. You can definitely get a front sight lower than 0.23" and have lots of adjustment room left on the rear.

Had to file a little the on the mount as it was a little to big. I also had to use the screws that were on the irons as the ones that came with the mount were to big on the heads. It did not fit through the slide. But here we go Burris fast fire on a xfive.

FB_IMG_1496964570068.jpg

I am glad you posted about the adapter plate. I installed mine yesterday and had the same issues. Only thing I did differently was that I used a mallet and gently tapped the plate into position.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

41 minutes ago, MD-Dave said:

I am glad you posted about the adapter plate. I installed mine yesterday and had the same issues. Only thing I did differently was that I used a mallet and gently tapped the plate into position.

So I went back on SP Website and they added pics of the adapter plates that where not there before. It shows where you are supposed to file.. I filed the other side ?

On 5/12/2017 at 6:48 PM, alma said:

Red Hill Tactical is making X5 specific holsters. Get the double layered one and you can use my code to save a few bucks, "Cole4RHT" 

http://redhilltactical.com/products/doublelayerowb

Big shout out to Red Hill Tactical! I had a minor issue with my X5 holster order so I emailed them and explained the problem. They had it taken care of the very next day...including a refund for the change! Now I'm even more excited to try out their products. Thanks for the tip Alma.

Got a question about red dot optics, not sure if this is the proper forum but I do have an X5. Have never shot a red dot before, but given my eyes at 59, I understand it would be beneficial. Have read some posts on this forum about the Vortex Viper, Burris Fast Fire and of course the Romeo. I understand the Romeo is difficult to find while the Vortex and Burris are readily available. Can someone give me the pros/cons on going with either of these? Other than the battery being on the bottom of the Viper requiring removal of the optic to replace, what else is there to consider. I think the 6 MOA dot would be helpful for me, rather than a tiny dot. Midway has the Viper on sale for $180, so if I find I can't shoot with it, I guess I could always try to sell it and would not have invested too many $$.

Any help to a poor sighted guy would be appreciated. If this is not the right forum, I'll repost on the optics forum, but I was hoping for some X5 specific feedback. Thx

43 minutes ago, LHshooter said:

Got a question about red dot optics, not sure if this is the proper forum but I do have an X5. Have never shot a red dot before, but given my eyes at 59, I understand it would be beneficial. Have read some posts on this forum about the Vortex Viper, Burris Fast Fire and of course the Romeo. I understand the Romeo is difficult to find while the Vortex and Burris are readily available. Can someone give me the pros/cons on going with either of these? Other than the battery being on the bottom of the Viper requiring removal of the optic to replace, what else is there to consider. I think the 6 MOA dot would be helpful for me, rather than a tiny dot. Midway has the Viper on sale for $180, so if I find I can't shoot with it, I guess I could always try to sell it and would not have invested too many $$.

Any help to a poor sighted guy would be appreciated. If this is not the right forum, I'll repost on the optics forum, but I was hoping for some X5 specific feedback. Thx

When I was looking for my optic I went on each manufactures website and got the specs for the models I liked, got out the calipers and ruler and made templates to see what they actually looked like instead of driving around to a bunch of stores. Im still between the vortex Venom and C-More RTS2. 

also find the mount that's available for the sights first. Check springer precision and see what they offer. I looked at the viper but couldn't find a mount for the X5. The bottom load battery was a deal breaker for me. I don't wanna have to change battery the day before every match and go reconfirm zero all the time. Id go with the Venom 6moa over Viper.  

The Leupold Deltapoint Pro is really nice too if you are willing to pay $350-$399

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I have a quick mag question on the mags that come with the x5.  are they 140mm in length?  if not have any of you added the springer base pads and how many rounds do you get in the mag with that extension and grams guts?

49 minutes ago, Majja said:

I have a quick mag question on the mags that come with the x5.  are they 140mm in length?  if not have any of you added the springer base pads and how many rounds do you get in the mag with that extension and grams guts?

The factory base pads are 140mm with a little modification to the bottom rear of base pad that guruantees it fits the gauge. 

The Springer EZ 140 with the grams follower and Spring kit will add 1 round. Making 22 reloadable and 23 total.   I'd like to say that using a factory 17 round with the springer EZ 140 base pads (not for 21 round mags) with grams guts will hold 23 reloadable and 24 total. 

6 hours ago, Bigbrowngmc said:

Got my Red Hill Tactical holster in the mail today and couldn't be happier with it.

Hey, Bigbrowngmc - is that grip tape from a vendor or did you do that yourself? That looks like pretty aggressive tape, if you did it yourself can you tell us what tape you used?  thx  Waiting for my RHT holster. Placed the order about 10 days ago so I won't see it until early July. But based on the pics people have posted, I can't wait to get it.

It's actually not tape at all. It's a silicon carbide coating. It's at the higher end of aggressiveness. Did it my self after watching Alma's video multiple times and testing on old A2 grips I had in the parts bin. It's definitely not up to Alma's standards as far as looks, but the function side is right where I want it.

18 hours ago, Nick179 said:

The factory base pads are 140mm with a little modification to the bottom rear of base pad that guruantees it fits the gauge. 

The Springer EZ 140 with the grams follower and Spring kit will add 1 round. Making 22 reloadable and 23 total.   I'd like to say that using a factory 17 round with the springer EZ 140 base pads (not for 21 round mags) with grams guts will hold 23 reloadable and 24 total. 

The Grams spring kit should give you about plus one and the Springer extension for the 21 rounders will give you another plus one for 23 plus 1 (chambered) total.  

21 hours ago, Bigbrowngmc said:

9b79c7635d1c4456b511c78904d953ed.jpg

Got my Red Hill Tactical holster in the mail today and couldn't be happier with it.

Is that a RHT holster hanger?  I don't see that style on their website?

Is that a RHT holster hanger?  I don't see that style on their website?

No it's not. It's one made by a friend of mine. The five of us that always shoot together all run them. Here's a couple pictures from a better angle.a833386e320196480dc9a97367748cbc.jpg