Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

P320 X5 Thread

BASE772

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 hours ago, Allgoodhits said:

Ordered Red Hill Tactical holster for XFive on May 3 and it was delivered today. They claimed about 30 days, and they were spot on. Looks great by the way, nicely done RHT.

That's good to hear. I ordered mine May 2nd, so hopefully it comes in soon as well.  Now if I could just get Sig to send my X5 to my LGS already! 

15 hours ago, Allgoodhits said:

Ordered Red Hill Tactical holster for XFive on May 3 and it was delivered today. They claimed about 30 days, and they were spot on. Looks great by the way, nicely done RHT.

Just noticed mine is Out for Delivery today--ordered May 4.  Looking forward to seeing how it looks.  

Shot the x5 and tp9sfx again today not much changed in my opinion got the x5 dialed in for the loads I'm shooting ...no issues with it at all

tp9sfx still find rear sight distracting and something on the trigger has rubbed my finger raw  shot about 200  thru each today  still won't lock back on 20 round mags

On 5/28/2017 at 2:29 PM, ltdmstr said:

Here are a few photos of the RHT holster for the X5 that I just received.  Definitely worth the wait vs. BladeTech or CompTac.  Also, for front sights, the P320 compact sights that Dawson sells fit the X5 dovetail.  So you have more choices that what they have listed for the full size P320.  I swapped the stock sight for a .185 x .115, which is about .030 shorter and .025 wider. 

IMG_1680.JPG

IMG_1681.JPG

IMG_1682.JPG

IMG_1683.JPG

Looks great - was thinking of going with the RHT for my first competition holster as soon as I can figure out which belt will fit (5'3", 115 lb female).  Are you happy with the new front sight?  I'm definitely struggling with the factory sight on mine, it is *really* small.

Does anybody know something new about the X5 not beeing approved for IPSC Production?

I really hope someone will do something about it. I'd really love to get the X5 to compete in production, and maybe production optics... but seems like I'll have to stick to my glock..

Edited by impact

I got my holster on Tuesday. Unfortunately everybody seems to be getting this same color scheme. I ordered mine late April, it ran a few days over 30. That said it's a nice holster and worth the wait7fd5106ad857679d09ba67cf82604b9d.jpg

Picked up my X5 today.  Seems like a very good platform.  Needs trigger work :).  I would like the grip to be a bit smaller....we will see what happens with it.  I am thinking about running a Leopold dot, Springer base pads, etc. just to play around in CO.  Any thoughts?

Shot my P320 X5 for the first time today. Maybe approx. 200 rounds, had 5-6 failure to feeds. The gun is super tight and hopefully these FTFs are because of it and go away when it breaks in. On the upside the sights are phenomenal and the accuracy is fantastic as well. Was able to print a 2.5 inch group at 25 with cheap reman. ammo!

On the otherhand, thinking i prefer the curved feel of the standard grip module. Will be putting up my x frame and magwel for sale methinks. 

7 minutes ago, twister said:

How much are the 21 round magazines for this gun? Thanks, Dave.

It comes with four of them. You can pick it up more for around $45 each if you shop around. 

On 6/3/2017 at 11:00 AM, JCT said:

Looks great - was thinking of going with the RHT for my first competition holster as soon as I can figure out which belt will fit (5'3", 115 lb female).  Are you happy with the new front sight?  I'm definitely struggling with the factory sight on mine, it is *really* small.

Front sight worked out fine for height and width.  And even though it's considerably shorter, there's still room for adjustment in the rear.  

4 hours ago, ltdmstr said:

Front sight worked out fine for height and width.  And even though it's considerably shorter, there's still room for adjustment in the rear.  

Great, appreciate the help!

8 minutes ago, GJ710 said:

Buy an RX or other P320 variant that comes w/the Romeo1. Then sell the gun lol. J/k. ?

lol ive been thinking about that for weeks hahaha 

5 hours ago, GJ710 said:

Same here haha. I know a few ppl that have done it. If not, springer precision has adapters and you can go Deltapoint Pro or something. 

Yes the adaptors are tempting but that would be like putting AMG wheels on a BMW so have to pass on that option... 

Edited by Gviz

13 hours ago, Nick179 said:

Went into my LGS and they had 2 x5's. someone was buying one. I bought the other!  Pick it up Friday. Need to figure out what optic to mount on it now. 

I am in the same boat.  Thinking about the Leopold with the 7.5 min delta, with the Springer adapter.  

Anyone set up something like that?

54 minutes ago, gearguywb said:

I am in the same boat.  Thinking about the Leopold with the 7.5 min delta, with the Springer adapter.  

Anyone set up something like that?

I met a guy with a CZ that had DPP 7.5 triangle mounted. He did nothing but complain about leupold and how they wouldn't honor the warranty even though the thing would eat up batteries. He said it would only run for 4 hours and then die, he sent it back, they had it for 2 months and told him nothing wrong. I'm looking hard at the 6 MOA Vortex Venom, at $220 I could get 2 and have a backup, plus vortex warranty is the best.