Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

P320 X5 Thread

BASE772

RedHill is saying delivery is at least a Month or more..  Forget Redhill, Get it from CompTac and you'll have it in a Week.

I ordered my RHT on April 23rd, and have a match this upcoming Sunday. Hopefully I have it by then, but I think it'll be worth the wait

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, DKnoch said:

I ordered my RHT on April 23rd, and have a match this upcoming Sunday. Hopefully I have it by then, but I think it'll be worth the wait

When you get it Post Here what the Quality is like and if it's as Durable as a Bladetech..

Anyone know what the bolt pattern for mounting an optic on it is? Are there any adapters to put other glass on it?

Doesn't fit DAA magnetic insert for full size P320, too loose side to side. DAA said they won't have inserts available for racemaster or alphaX holster until they are able to get a P320 X5 from Sig sent to Holland. 

6 hours ago, GJ710 said:

Anyone know what the bolt pattern for mounting an optic on it is? Are there any adapters to put other glass on it?

Doesn't fit DAA magnetic insert for full size P320, too loose side to side. DAA said they won't have inserts available for racemaster or alphaX holster until they are able to get a P320 X5 from Sig sent to Holland. 

Springer Precision is working on adapters. They were targeting within the next couple of weeks. 

Someone had mentioned that the X-Five came with a Sig coupon for swapping to flat base plates, but mine didn't include a coupon. 

Mine didn't. Mason showed me his baseplates that he sanded. Only took a few minutes.

I am having trouble finding a holster. Who has solved this problem and where did you find a holster?

Fits my Comp-tac  International perfectly. Holds solid even upside down.

Edited by rscalzo

1 hour ago, twister said:

Where can I get a lighter recoil spring?

I have been testing some guide rods from one source that does small batch machine jobs. Grayguns and Springer Precision have them in the works as well. Not sure on the ETA. 

On 5/14/2017 at 2:12 PM, alma said:

Great to hear. I can't count the number of times I have had to respond to questions about how to get a Romeo1. 

Alma, will the Romeo 3 fit? I heard that Max is running the Romeo 3 but maybe it's on his custom open gun. 

On 5/12/2017 at 0:57 PM, DocMedic said:

I ended up picking up one last week. Question, how is the trigger that comes with the X5 any different then the drop in replacement flat trigger that GGuns sells? the X5 has a ton of creep as the trigger is being pulled.

From the GGuns product page:

"P320 Trigger Specifications and Features

• Full compatibility within the P320 system, all sizes and all calibers, including the P320 X5 released in April 2017
  • Reduces total trigger pull weight approximately 2 pounds below factory-stock for the standard series, and about 1.25 pounds for the X5 variant."

9 minutes ago, MrTuna said:

Alma, will the Romeo 3 fit? I heard that Max is running the Romeo 3 but maybe it's on his custom open gun. 

Max is running the R3 on this open guns and other frame mounted dots. He did try the R3 on his full size P320s but went to the R1 which is what he used to win the last Carry Optics Nationals title. We will see what he settles on with his X5s. 

He has been giving lots of feedback to the SIG Optics team so it's fair to expect that they will make improvements based on that feedback. 

Max is running the R3 on this open guns and other frame mounted dots. He did try the R3 on his full size P320s but went to the R1 which is what he used to win the last Carry Optics Nationals title. We will see what he settles on with his X5s. 
He has been giving lots of feedback to the SIG Optics team so it's fair to expect that they will make improvements based on that feedback. 

Cool thanks Alma!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

7 hours ago, alma said:

Springer Precision now has some precut  X5 grip tape panels that fit inside of the factory texture borders. 

http://shop.springerprecision.com/product.sc?productId=426&categoryId=56

OsL8IFKh.jpg

going to try this, thanks alma, btw where do you get the silicon carbide grips done i cant find them online.. (do you send them to greyguns?)

Edited by Gviz

2 hours ago, Gviz said:

going to try this, thanks alma, btw where do you get the silicon carbide grips done i cant find them online.. (do you send them to greyguns?)

I do them. 

2 hours ago, Gviz said:

Will that be legal for uspsa production? Thanks in advance

Glue and grit is specially authorized as as long as it's done within the lines shown in the rulebook, it doesn't change the the profile, and you stay under weight. 

17 hours ago, S&W686 said:

If anyone is interested I just received an email message from GilbertsGuns and they have the Sig Sauer P320 X5 in stock.

https://www.gilbertsguns.com/sig-320-x5-9mm-pistol-with-4-21-round-magazines-320x5-9-bas.html

Hey S&W686, thanks for the heads-up about the dealer having the X5 in stock. Just ordered one this morning. At $850, I think it's a good price this early in the production run. Can't wait to get my hands on it and start shooting. Will celebrate with a couple cold brews this afternoon!

Glue and grit is specially authorized as as long as it's done within the lines shown in the rulebook, it doesn't change the the profile, and you stay under weight. 

When doing the grit on the X5, are you trimming down the grip some? I did that a bit on my p320's, but not sure if I want to attack my X5 grip module with Dremel bits. At the same time though, it is a bigger grip..

34 minutes ago, DKnoch said:

When doing the grit on the X5, are you trimming down the grip some? I did that a bit on my p320's, but not sure if I want to attack my X5 grip module with Dremel bits. At the same time though, it is a bigger grip..

If you don't then the grit adds girth and changes the grip profile. 

On 5/14/2017 at 10:10 PM, bigtimelarry said:

When you get it Post Here what the Quality is like and if it's as Durable as a Bladetech..

At least when comparing a Tanfoglio bladetech holster to the RHT two-layer holster body...

The Red Hill one is twice as strong/stiff and molded to the gun far better than the Bladetech holster body was.

Edited by MemphisMechanic