Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

P320 X5 Thread

BASE772

2 minutes ago, Edge40 said:

Can you just swap all the guts of the regular 320 into the x5? 

More importantly, will the X5 be available as a kit for existing 320 users? Or when they said that it was a modular system, were they only kidding (kind of like with the .45acp option)?

Edited by Gryff

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was hoping they would do that too but I doubt hey will for a little while. The demand will be so high they probably won't be able to supply parts. They will all be allocated to new complete guns.  Would def be nice tho. 

12 minutes ago, Edge40 said:

I was hoping they would do that too but I doubt hey will for a little while. The demand will be so high they probably won't be able to supply parts. They will all be allocated to new complete guns.  Would def be nice tho. 

I'm not optimistic. I can see Sig saying that the X5 is a special product that is degraded when not purchased as a complete unit. Therefore it will never be available as a conversion kit. I like my P320, but Sig works hard to change my mind about that.

How do these triggers compare to a "massaged" Glock trigger?

I like the idea of this gun, but don't care for the lack of aftermarket (other than GG) and modifications that can be done yourself.

4 hours ago, LeviSS said:

How do these triggers compare to a "massaged" Glock trigger?

I like the idea of this gun, but don't care for the lack of aftermarket (other than GG) and modifications that can be done yourself.

The trigger and all 320 triggers have very good characteristics.  The trigger throw is very short with minimal pre travel a fairly nice wall albeit a somewhat mushy break and a very short reset.  Even at 7 and a half pounds of factory pull the guns are VERY shootable.

They would be absolutely amazing with a real option for a 3 lb pull.  As it stands the PELT trigger is in my mind a waste of money unless you're absolutely desperate to drop trigger pull weight without removing springs.

I have one on the way from EuroOptic.  Does anyone have a source for a 1911 style guide rod, or an estimate for when they will be available?  Suppose I could make my own but really don't have the time.

5 hours ago, ninjaboot said:

Does anyone want to break the FCU down and compare to 320 internals if they already haven't? Im curious what the sear looks like on the X5 compared to 320

Aside from the trigger nothing else is different in the FCU. I noticed a couple of updates on pins and springs but I assume they are standard across the P320 line. 

4 minutes ago, alma said:

Aside from the trigger nothing else is different in the FCU. I noticed a couple of updates on pins and springs but I assume they are standard across the P320 line. 

Nice. Thanks for the info. 

2 hours ago, alma said:

Alma, I p/u my X-5 tomorrow, is that flat trigger a Grayguns trigger ?    

14 minutes ago, bomadera said:

Alma, I p/u my X-5 tomorrow, is that flat trigger a Grayguns trigger ?    

No. They are very similar but they Grayguns will take off a bit more weight. Somewhere around a pound more. 

Max Michel and Mason Lane may end up running curved triggers. Phil Strader will likely run flat. It's early so that could change. 

I have to decided yet. 

11 hours ago, ltdmstr said:

I have one on the way from EuroOptic.  Does anyone have a source for a 1911 style guide rod, or an estimate for when they will be available?  Suppose I could make my own but really don't have the time.

Scott Springer of Springer Precision said that he was working on rods.

He estimated 30-60 days about 15 days ago so we are almost there I hope.

I picked up an X-Five last week and have about 500 rounds through it... I did swap the grip module to a standard p320 fullsize Medium grip so I could use all my 17rd mags without modifying them. Since I have several P320's - and carry one daily - I also prefer having the same style grip, though the X-Five grip feels great. 

I had had understood that the newer P320's came with a flat baseplate and would fit the X-Five, but one of my P320's was just made 10-days ago and it still has the standard winged base pad. Someone had mentioned that the X-Five came with a Sig coupon for swapping to flat base plates, but mine didn't include a coupon. 

This is is one tight Gun, after 500 rounds it is just breaking in to lock up butter smooth... shoots great. 

5 hours ago, Lazarus63 said:

I picked up an X-Five last week and have about 500 rounds through it... I did swap the grip module to a standard p320 fullsize Medium grip so I could use all my 17rd mags without modifying them. Since I have several P320's - and carry one daily - I also prefer having the same style grip, though the X-Five grip feels great. 

I had had understood that the newer P320's came with a flat baseplate and would fit the X-Five, but one of my P320's was just made 10-days ago and it still has the standard winged base pad. Someone had mentioned that the X-Five came with a Sig coupon for swapping to flat base plates, but mine didn't include a coupon. 

This is is one tight Gun, after 500 rounds it is just breaking in to lock up butter smooth... shoots great. 

Let me know if you end up wanting to sell the X5 grip!

1 hour ago, calvinc78 said:

I'm not a big fan of stippling a grip, does anyone make grip tape for the p320 and hopefully the X5 soon?

Both Springer and Talon make grips for the P320.

6 hours ago, BillR1 said:

Let me know if you end up wanting to sell the X5 grip!

Will be happy to, would be the weighted X-Five grip and detachable magwell... you can message me whatever you think is a fair price and I'll mail it your way. 

2 hours ago, Lazarus63 said:

Will be happy to, would be the weighted X-Five grip and detachable magwell... you can message me whatever you think is a fair price and I'll mail it your way. 

Payment sent!!